Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone got any idea's on this one?

No idea,but very cool.
Is it silver?

you were close... its a 10 cash (10 wen) circa 1920 struck in Kalgan i believe, hard to tell unless you clean it up a bit. The 10 cash will show up under the wheat ears.

Dew

I'm pretty sure it's a Twenty Cash. A Ten Cash has a different design on the back (the non-flag side).

Here's a Twenty Cash pic:

[attachment 147701 TwentyCash.jpg]

Here's a Ten Cash pic:
[attachment 147702 TenCash.jpg]

But maybe there's a variety of Ten Cash that has the same back?

HH,
DirtFlipper

Wow dirt ... apparently there are. I got my info from page 137 of the COLLECTING WORLD COINS book. Guess he will just have to clean the bottom of the coin to see what he has.

Dew

Ah, my guess then is that the back represents the year/time period, so that the Ten and Twenty share the same design. Cool.

yep, you guys are both right. go to WorldCoinGallery.com>China and look at the Cash Coins; 10 Cash & 20 Cash have the flags in all 3 varieties illustrated

(i'm unclear about what links are OK to post on Findmall these days...does anybody really know?)

Thanks guys for all the input, the part of the coin where the words are written are totaly gone even under glass, but after looking on worldcoingallery the size of the twenty cash is a little bigger as you can see on the measurements they give for each and there is some minor differences on the design also. twenty cash matches the size of this one at about 3 mm where the ten is under 3mm and matches the design better also, one of the differences is the streamers are what ever they are in the center of the flags at the bottom of the flag poles hook inward more on the ten cash. twenty cash is the one I am calling it anyway, Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!