Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone experience this problem?

findit

this is a quote from someone else, somewhere else and it seams another person might be experiencing it themselves. so i have to wonder myself.

"Has anyone experienced dirt getting inside their Vaquero and the Pots shorting out ? I have to clean mine after every 2 or 3 hunts with dust remover. The dust flys everytime. I can't figure how the dust gets inside it unless it get in through the pinpoint button or maybe I need to make a small gasket to seal the face to the housing. The 2 knobs that are affected are the sensitivity and the discriminate. They go haywire unless I take it apart and blow it out often."

has anyone else had this happen? i can't see dirt causing a short, but i could be wrong.

I have had mine for a few months and used it alot with no trouble yet ,But if I do now I know what to do
Thanks

I had sand get in my Cibola once. I could hear it rolling around inside there. I took the cover off of it and a little bit of dirt fell out.

It had been hot and I worried about sweat dripping on the slotted speaker holes in the face of the housing.

When I took the face cover off and removed the dirt I noticed that sweat had run down the back side of the face cover and under the speaker holes.

I cleaned the dried sweat and dirt residue off with a damp cloth and let dry out. then I re-assembled it.

That was the only time I had that experience.

HH,

I have put clear packing tape over my speaker openings to keep dirt out.
Doesn't affect the speaker much, and I try to use headphones all the time, anyway.

Never had to take one of my MDs apart for cleaning, over 15-20yrs... maybe I should?
I suppose I've wiped em off w damp rag, can't remember when.

Tesoro keeps on tickin.

I do think you should send it back to Tesoro and let them fix the problem. Thats a problem you should not have.

GaryL

I also sweat a lot in the hot weather and had it run down my hand onto the control box. I got some of those wrist-band thingys like tennis players wear, and that just about eleminated the sweat-drip problem.