Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone ever had this happen

rebelLT

I was hunting and old park today, moderate trash, black soil (some coal). Hunting in IM 12 conductive fast deep off. I had three coins that bounced from the iron side of the screen to the silver dimeish position. Two of them were wheats the other a 43 merc, flat on its back, at only about FOUR inches! The signals sounded like crap and I dug them only because I had the day off and wanted to experiment with my settings and see what would happen. After I dug the merc I checked the hole and there was no other target. I have NEVER had a shallow silver coin sound like this before. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

I had a weird place today where weird things happened..some cause of hot rocks and some cause of rusted nails nearby.....big coil will hit many targets at sametime....if on edges of any target it does not read correctly....I had to work it hard to get right over the target and only one at a time....its not easy seperating with a coil big or small if there is targets very close to each other.....and of course I delt with power lines to boot...hard to keep curser or digital #'s stable enough...so went by sound..even that was tough....it chattered and sounded low and high..went by the majority of good and dug. Did ok. all wheats and merc was 6-7"... and very greeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn corrosion.... bad dirt......I get sites like this now and then....I was in ferrous,manual sens. 24, fast off deep on, always now and then change to see if anything else works better and keep going back to same settings...give or take a bit on sens.....depends on soil and other outside entitties. Keep on swinging...you haven't seen it all..and you probably won't. HH