Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone else heard anything about a upgrade offer from a T2 REV 6

nymohawk

to a REV 7.0 Software upgrade comparable to the Fisher F75 including a backlight?
Looks like maybe a software only upgrade being offered by a programer with the only hardware installed being a LED back light?

A Friend at work who is with the sheriff's office was telling he read about it on a Detecting Forum he was considering a T2 and decided to go
ahead and buy one because of what he read on that forum but he couldn't remember which board it was on? He said that since the upgrades are available he wanted to get one right away.

NYMohawk

considering that I believe the intent with the F75 is to make a different detector then the T2. I think it's kind of like the Coinstrike and the ID Edge, they might look alike but they have subtle differences.

So if they offered F75 upgrades for T2 users, which would be great for the consumer, would be a poor business move because then the T2 owner wouldn't buy a F75, they would just purchase and upgrade.

So if your friend bought a T2 thinking he was going to have an F75 soon, I believe he will be in for a surprise. BUT, either way, he still has a great detector that will give any hi end detector a run for it's money and one of the deepest machines that is really sensitive to small targets then any other machine that I have used.

Now if I'm wrong, which I really hope I am and they do offer a F75 upgrade for the T2, that would definately be a great thing as long as the performance of the T2 doesn't change along with the upgrades.

If I thought I could buy a used T2 and later have it upgraded I would do it. Ain't gonna happen. It's almost a certainty that there have been changes to the analog circuits to accomadate some of the other improvements.

Tom

This is not from Teknetics Company Jeff, it's a techy mod. Apparently the guy is a programer and a tech. He's going to offer the REV 7's and Backlight Mods. But I'm sure what all he's offering in the Upgrade yet? I'll post more when I find out more from that guy at work that said he was purchasing a T2.

CanDigger...what and where did you hear it from? We're trying to get more infomation on that as well?

Thanks

Hi Jeff....It's amazing how rumors spread and take on shapes of their own.........."Smoke and mirrors" as Glen would say.

A back-light mod. should be no mind-blowing exercise,
but as for the idea that someone who hasn't yet got a T2, is contemplating reverse-engineering the T2's software and making something of it is ..........very ambitiously dreaming. But we can all dream, can't we?

You can 'read the code of any program' but to realise its relationship to the hardware requires that you also have the circuit diagram etc. and an intimate knowledge of the functional relationship 'twixt the two.

Oh...I forgot to mention...It's illegal too.....MattR.UK

[size=medium]Jeff..Here's my grand-son Billy.(18 months old) Just knocking out a tune for you! [/size]

"I love him to bits"​

[attachment 44993 billyweb.jpg]​

I have made a mistake sorry guys, I have just checked my e mails and the wording is F7 which I guess is the frequency.