Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone break down their machine everytime to transport & store at home or always keep it in one piece?

...sand gets lodged right by the shaft and where the units clip on. It must be cleaned so I just pop off the battery and the body and clean.

aj

I take it down, clean it and then put it back together again. That way it can never seize up with crud. HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

I just slide the shaft to a shorter length so it fits in the back of my jeep. Once I get it home I blow out the sand and crud inside the straight shaft with a jet of water and then give the outside a good hosing down. Occassionally, I break down the whole rig and clean it up with a good scrubbing with a brillo pad on the straight shaft.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

I kept my Sand Shark in one peice for about 2months of surf hunting. Big mistake. Sand works into the collars and between the shafts and they freeze up TIGHT. I only broke it loose with a vibrating table and a long tub full of water. It still took several days before the shafts would come apart. Now I break it down and flush it out after every hunt.

VBDave
"God gave man a certain amount of testosterone. I refuse to waste mine on growing hair!"

I clean mine about every three hunts. I spray the inside of the shaft with corrosion X it keeps it from sticking. Corrosion X is what I used on my boat to keep saltwater corrosion off the engines. I don't spray in on the electronics. Just clean tham with fresh water. HH