Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody with medical training could appreciate this story :stretcher ...............

Wayne in BC

When i was about 25 years old i was hospitalised with a very bad infection in my jaw and neck due to a bad tooth.

The first couple days were just constant pain and medication, however i did notice a particularly gorgeous young Nurse in training ;) I made an effort (duh, of course nothing stops that when your young!) to be friendly but she was not even polite, distant for sure and almost cranky she was.

It hurt my pride some cause i had not been forward, smart-assed or pushy at all. Every morning at precisely 6 am she would come into my room, put a thermometer in my mouth, leave for couple minutes, come back, take the reading and disappear. Once when i used the call button due to extreme pain, which the Doc had told me to do, she came in and acted totally po-ed! On the third day i was felling quite a lot better so decided to see how this "icequeens" sense of humor worked.

She came in at 6 am as usual and i made a point of being quiet, almost unresponsive. I had pulled the bedclothes down to my waist and sprinkled water on my chest and forehead to simulate heavy sweating. She looked a bit askance but said nothing, merely stuck the thermometer in my mouth and left. Soon as she was out the door i took the thermometer from my mouth and rubbed the heck out of it on the cotton bedsheet till it read 110! Put it back in my mouth and waited.

A few minutes later she came in and took the thermometer, reading it as she turned to leave and i heard a little gasp as she looked quickly towards me with a look of horror on her face then scatted down the hall. I could hear loud and excited conversation at the nurses station for a few moments, then loud footsteps coming rapidly towards my room..........

I had an uncontrollable little smirk on my face which disappeared instantly as the charge nurse stormed through the door and said......Wayne! You!... you!... you!.....
then a grin overcame her, she said nothing else, gave me a carefully hidden :thumbup and left with a straight face:lol

This charge nurse knew me well, i was a friend of the family and had not counted on her being there that day. As she told me later, she understood why i had done it and she was looking for an excuse to chastise the girl who was a pain in her butt! We laughed about it for years.

She did not let the girl off the hook that day either, a half hour later the young woman came back into my room and was forcing herself to be nice and polite :surrender

Have a great Memorial day weekend all!
Wayne

dislike unfriendly and snooty people like her. You got the first and last laugh! :thumbup Good for you! :)

"course, I will side with the nurses. I spent too many years working side by side with them, doing my tests and treatments, and saw a lot of the crap that they had to take. I tell you, these women deserve every penny they get!!! :)

all the best

M

for a group of anesthesiologists, it was always a well known joke to find out which nurse was covering for what anesthesiologist that was on the couch! Still, I think nurses need to be friendly! :)

and i knew that you would stick up for the girls :b i have to say that i have never met a bad one since then!
There are a couple of male? nurses at our local hospital that ain't gonna touch MY body tho! :rolleyes
Well done on the rescue of the furriners :thumbup

Wayne

n/t