Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anybody remember your first telephone?

david(tx)

when i got my first place,a efficiency apartment in a new complex i had to go down to southwestern bell and put up a deposit to get a ROTARY phone!!if my memory serves me right you could get a touchtone but they were extra.you couldn't get a phone except through the phone company,this was around 76,or 77.

man,times have changed,it wasn't to long after that that you could get call waiting,man things were changing fast,bill gates was even poor then:biggrin:.

We always had a dial phone, as far as I can remember. I still remember a pay phone in White River Ontario in about 64-65 that had a crank phone. You cranked that sucker and yelled to the operator the number you wanted

ALpine-4 2457.... and ya had to ask the operator to connect ya. If ya wanted to call out of town, ya had to use "long-distance":rofl:

i don't doubt it.i just saw a program the other day that said 9v batteries were developed just for hand held transistor radios.i remember in the 60's when transistor radios were still a big deal.heck i remember my dad going down to a little mom and pop grocery where the sold vacuum tubes out of a little cabinet for do it yourselfers who fixed there on t.v.'s.

i don't miss bad television reception but those were some good days:).

about 1969 that you could dial a sequence of numbers and you could talk to a bunch of people all at one time,all the school kids found out about it and everyone was yakkin'.i don't know what kind of glitch it was but the town had about 16,000 people so it was weird.

i think the powers at be found out and eliminated it.

n/t