Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody out their Ever find 1877 Indian Head Penny?

I have found 8 Indian Heads On A Permission I Have In Georgia. 1884 is as Close as I have Come. Anyone out there lucky enough to dig one up? If so what state.
I'm dancing all around that date with the amount of IH cents I've dug over the years. 1863 on up. My latest is 1900.

I think you could actively dig for 40 years and never find an 1877 Indian Head. There is no area of the country or type of spot that would give you an advantage in finding one. They were not identified as being rare in 1877 so most of them circulated just like all the other dates. I have found most of the dates of Wheat Cents over the years, but after finding several thousand, I still have not found a 1954-P that has a mintage of over 71 million.

I think you could actively dig for 40 years and never find an 1877 Indian Head. There is no area of the country or type of spot that would give you an advantage in finding one. They were not identified as being rare in 1877 so most of them circulated just like all the other dates. I have found most of the dates of Wheat Cents over the years, but after finding several thousand, I still have not found a 1954-P that has a mintage of over 71 million.
I think there is something to the location if you ever find that spot. A military barrack I have heard to produce more that 20 16ds, my friend has 3 77's from one county, I have personally dug 3 14d wheaties from one county in Ne. So if you think of a bank\military etc.. opening a new bag of coins, you could have a concentration, just have to find the (spot).

There is also footage of “Bob” on “The Hoover Boys” You Tube channel when he found one years ago. Still pretty rare to find one. At least with a readable date…

I dug an 1877 back in the 1970's with a Garrett at an old picnic ground.