Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody know where or what this location is? :D

n/t

Saturday eve. i was cruising Craigslist for a good buy, maybe on a used Suburban or truck. I noticed one ad, that caught my eye, so i made arrangements to pick my Brother Al, at 7;00am for the hour and a half roadtrip to Plymouth. The same Plymouth that every school kid in America knows about, because of "Plymouth Rock", where supposedly the Pilgrims landed on! Its a good yarn, but just so you know the truth, the Pilgrims landed in Provincetown, on the inner tip of Cape Cod, where they were protected from the Sea. After a short term, they explored abit,and settled in Plymouth. Okay?. We arrived a little early,so we had breakfast,at a local establishment,and drove another 5 minutes for a photo op with the Statue,and the Rock! [attachment 80622 PlymouthRock025.jpg]We have both seen it before,but yrs ago. Would have got a shot of the Mayflower II , but she is berthed elswhere for Winter safety. It is kind of neat to see, even though its a Rock! This place is packed with tourists in the Summer, so its a money maker! (Just like selling the Brooklyn bridge, you might say! :D) It was low tide,so i climbed down and took these close-ups.I guess they think someone might steal it! :devil: Actually it to stop people from bring home a piece of it! You never know![attachment 80623 PlymouthRock014.jpg][attachment 80624 PlymouthRock017.jpg][attachment 80625 PlymouthRock018.jpg][attachment 80626 PlymouthRock020.jpg][attachment 80627 PlymouthRock022.jpg] Figured most of you may never be in New England, so enjoy the pictures! The Suburban was too beat up, and need to much chasing for me, oh well, there's plenty more...Rj

and I thank you for posting the picture. If it were not protected it would be for sale n Ebay.

I thought I had replied to this earlier. I must not have hit post message:look:

n/t

Thanksgiving time and take in the Rock, the Mayflower Replica and Plymouth Plantation. Really makes for a great weekend. There is a wax museum there we like also right by the rock. The Rock itself didn't do much for me, I have larger ones all over theplace here, but the symbolism of it sure hits home. We went to the Plantation for a week one time as a school thing. You get to play the characters in each house and the fort. Later they added the Indian part of it. Fun place. I enjoyed the Pilgrim Tower out at Provicetown also. Lot of history there. Standing at the top of it one could sure see the entire story unfold.

Not sure where I heard it or read it, but I thought i heard that this was a piece of another larger rock that was further out that got burried as the town expanded. Really don't matter but It stuck in my mind.

Your close to our early history Ron. Got to be some Paul Revere statues close by also. I enjoy that area. When we used to go to Boston on Commonweath avenue to test for Ham Radio and Marine testing we would always try to stop at one of those places on the way back. Neat seeing a story you grew up learn.ing about in school.

Funny. When I was very active in Ham Radio DX, I was talking to a fellow ham in Nagoya Japan. I asked him if he knew where Connecticut was. His answer way, Ah yes George, Where the Pilgrims Landed. Really floored me that he used that to related to location. We spoke a few more times after that and he was pretty well educated on America. I had to keep my stack of National Graphics handy as he would ask some tuff questions which I needed to research to give more benificial answers to.

Enjoyed the picture of the rock. Still looks the same. Keep these history lessons coming. Your very good at it.

George-CT