Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody have any info on Whites PI Pro?

newtohunting

Was wondering: The Garret Sea Hunter as a Pulse induction unit, I remember that I could sometimes distinguish the tones as to whether the item was junk or something good. Because I am buying a back up water unit, I wanted to know if the Whites PI Pro has distinguishing tones as to junk or good stuff. Any answers from PI Pro users etc etc, would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Gary

IT'S YES WITH TIME YOU GET AN EAR FOR THE GOOD TARGETS.BUT IF ITS YOUR BACK UP HOW WILL YOU GET THE TIME TO LEARN IT?? IF YOU PLAN ON USING THE P.I PRO UP HERE ON ARE BEACHES YOU WILL GO NUTS!! IT WOULD HAVE TO BE STRICTLY A WATER DETECTOR. WAY TOO MUCH JUNK IN THE WET SAND HERE.IF YOUR GONNA WATER HUNT LAKES AND WANT A DETECTOR TO HUNT THE WET SAND AND MAYBE THE WATER AT HAMPTON WHEN THE RIP CURRENTS AND WAVES ARE NOT TO BAD.. GO WITH THE BEACH HUNTER ID. WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED A BACK UP TO THE EXCAL ALL READY?? IT'S BRAND NEW,RIGHT?

George,

I have a Sovereign GT brand new never used. I am selling it as it seems I like the water hunt 10000%. Not much of a land hunter. I thought I would sell it and buy another water unit after hearing that Minelabs service really sucks. (Some people waiting up to 3 months to get unit repaired). I just wanted to have something that would go a little deeper just incase I find that nice lake or we have a big storm. I agree with you and I am starting to lean towards the beach hunter ID that you have. I know your a king with it at hunting so your advice means very much to me. I would hate to see my excal go down and not have a back up. I am sure you would agree. How deep does the beach hunter ID go? I know it does well for lots of people. Do you get good depth and do you find the smaller gold targets. Found out Excal hates small gold and silver esspecially thin chains that are deep.

Gary

How do you do this? Curious to know because thats a great idea but I already have a protection bag but it will not protect from the water. How do you like your Sov Gt on the beach??

SAW NO DIFFERENCE IN DEPTH!!!! IF YOU LOOK AT SOME OF MY OLDER POST YOU CAN SEE HOW I SET UP MY B.H.I.D WET SAND WATER/ALL METAL USE THE VISUAL I.D LIGHTS DIG ANY THING THAT DON'T GIVE YOU ANY RED..ONLY YELLOW/GREEN..

New,

The PI is great in the water and as far as tone is concerned the PI only has one but you can tell when your coil go over big iron ( anything 3 inches or bigger) Its not a detector for dry sand, like BH said go with a BeachHunter if you're going to detect in the dry. I'm in the water 90% of the time and when the waves are too big its only then will I bring the DFX and hit the dry.

Craig, do you have a back up water detector. I mean,,,,,I know you have excal but do you have another water detector as a back up (a PI unit) or the like. My fear is that if the Excal breaks down one day, I am screwed because Minelabs is taking as long as 2 months just to repair excal based on others notes.

I had a BeachHunterID but I sold it to my buddy because I wanted a DFX when I land hunted.

If I was to buy another water machine it would be a PI maybe a Eric Foster machine but I'm happier than a pig in poop with my detector. :)

Its light, its well balanced, its deep and its stable... oh yeah and finds the gold :)

Gee I guess with the amount of gold I find you would think I had one huh? :) Just kidding... :) I'm pretty lucky to have met some excellant PI users who taught me a few different settings to try and it has seemed to increase my finds. But saying that its my research of specific beaches and the history behind them that has brought me the gold. I have an entire folder on my computer filled with old postcards and pictures of where people were on specific beaches...