Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody had experience with HotShot for MXT coil

Michael,
I use the 12" Hotshot coil exclusively while relic hunting. Here are some pics I took last month that will tell you what I think about the Hotshot coil. The coin dug up is an 1841 half dime found "on edge" about 7" deep. I think I will stick with the Hotshot for awhile!
[attachment 39827 117_1761.jpg]
[attachment 39826 117_1762.jpg]
[attachment 39825 117_1763.jpg]
[attachment 39824 117_1764.jpg]
[attachment 39823 117_1765.jpg]
[attachment 39822 117_1766.jpg]

That sure is a dandy find digger. A half dime is still on my list of yet to find things. As for the Hotshot, it seems to work best in low to medium mineralized ground. When I had one, it was light for its size and pinpointed well, even on surface targets. If I remember right, it is just slightly heavier than the stock coil and it had a strong "BONG" on deep and small targets. I was real impressed with it. For me, the 1400DD seems to cut through the hot ground I have here and gets better depth. The price I have to pay is the 1400 is MUCH heaver.