Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANYBODY COMPARE A GARRETT'S

findit

ESPECIALLY MONTE BUT HAS ANY ONE COMPARED A GARRETT'S ACE SERIES LIKE THE 250 TO SAY A COMPADRE OR SILVER. OR ANY OF THE OTHERS FOR THAT MATTER

I had an Ace250. It's a mediocre machine, don't believe all the hype. I went over the same areas with my Tejon and found a lot of quarters, dimes and nickels that the Ace missed. Knowing what I know now, I would buy any Tesoro before buying the Ace.

FYI... my Tejon has pulled over 600 coins from one school yard, and I'm not done there yet.

Dan

I started with an Ace 250 then upgraded to a Cortes. I can tell you the the Cortes finds far more than the Ace 250 did. But then again, the Cortes is 3X the price so I would expect it to be better.

since they sell for close to the same amount.

Both rely on a factory designed/preset GB.

Now the differences:

Garrett Ace 250: Honestly, a good value for the dollar, if you want a model that has visual Target ID, simple operation, and is affordable, knowing that you have no control of the Ground Balance setting. In a non-mineralized (non-iron) Florida beach type site, or a low-to-moderate mineralized location, I found the Ace 250 to work reasonably well. I bought two of them, as well as a new GTAx0-1250 and GTP-1350 to do some evaluations of more current Garrett products with some of the White's and Tesoro models I used. Of the three Garrett models, I cared less for the GTP-1350, and I sold the GTAx-1250 soon after. While I also sold of the Ace 250's, it was due to the fact that I live in an area with high mineralization, and I hunt some sites that are worse. The preset GB of the Garrett models just annoyed me too much because I either had to deal with some falsing in the Disc. mode, or put up with the way too negative GB for the Pinpoint mode. You get a signal, cut a plug, and get a stronger/louder response when you sweep over the hole due to the negative GB!

I didn't care for a 'tinny' sort of audio on the Garrett's, and the upper 'S' rod is too short between the foam hand grip and arm cup for me and most people. Fine for kids or adults with shorter arms, but I didn't like it. The reason I favored the Ace 250 over the other Garrett TID models was because I liked the AA battery system, the smaller coil option, and I liked the standard coil, too. Best of all, it would just about match or better the performance I got out of the more expensive models!

Silver