Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any suggestions?

Pete in MI

I was looking for Ghost Towns up in my neck of the woods and ran across the name of a town. Apparently I have passed by this location without realizing it. Never heard of it before, No signs, Not listed with Michigan Ghost Towns on the web. Tried Googling it and shows a spot in the road with only one reference point that I don't really recall. Not listed as and ORV ATV Trail or Trail Head area. Just coming up blank, Don't know where to look on the web and am so wanting to drive there but the road is closed to construction. Can't fins any history. I can tell you what township it is in but it isn't even mentioned on their township website. Can tell you what county (Clare). Just can't find anything of value to understand why the area has a name and no history. Has to be some old coins there somewhere. Open for suggestions. It is mentioned in Wikipedia but doesn't tell me anything either.

This site , GNIS, lists every place that ever was in existence. Over the years I have used it for finding many long lost sites. If you get the lat/lon numbers and put them in your GPS & go there you can find 99% of the old places.. Very easy to do. Steve in so la

http://nhd.usgs.gov/gnis.html

Thanks Steve for the link. Went there and got the GPS info. Found the same info somewhere else but glad to see the lat/lon matched up. Once they open the road back up I am going to check it out. Hoping I can get some detecting in that area and find some old coins and relics. Thanks again Steve - I bookmarked it so I can check out other locations. HH and God bless

n/t

n/t

n/t

Just pray and ask for help and guidance for God in Jesus' name and through your Brothers and Sisters and you will succeed in finding information on and get to hunt ghost towns and off the hidden paths! Amen! God Bless! Ma