Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any SO.CAL. detectorist doing any good ?

dieseldust

just wondering. i`m in los angeles and conditions in the wet sand have been poor so far. i dont usually do the dry sand, but i`m thinking that may be the only place to get anything.

Why the dry sand? Conditions now are better than they have been for years for wet sand. You just have to scout around. Some areas have over a foot of new sand deposits, while others have 2-4 feet of sand removed. Find the areas that have been depleted of sand. I've been
finding ALOT of old corroded coins in depleted sand areas in SD. There
is bound to be alot of gold there, just haven't found it yet!

Bouys show surf is 12-16 feet in LA area right now. Might want to wait another day so you don't get washed out to sea!

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/Southwest_inset.shtml

only hunter on the beach, but did notice unfilled holes. 4 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickle, and handfull of zinc throwaways. Many pieces of aluminum, battereis, and crown tops.

With the high surf and high tide combination we had last week. Some wet sand/water hunters did ok. I myself found one 14K band and 5 or 6 silver items. The attached photo was taken last week.
HH Terry

I also found lots of corroded coins,keys,junk rings. I only found one 14k small child's nugget ring. Found one buffalo nickle 1916. Hunting around oceanside in the wet sand.