Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any other F75 users in my area or clubs? NE Ky ?

travchance9991

I have been detecting for a little over 20 years now ever since I bought my first little Tesoro detector back while I was still in the service and stationed in Texas. Since then I upgraded to whites 6000, Spectrum, Fisher cz6, cz7a pro and now I currently still have the cz7 and 2 f75's. Over the years I have Had the privilege of hunting in TX, Penn, NJ(oldest coin found here1722), Iowa, Ohio, Georgia,Fl, and of course Ky where I now live in supposed retirement if I could just get my wife to quit thinking up things for me to do. I live in the north eastern part of ky less than an hour east from West Virginia. and about the same south from Ohio.

Anyone nearby looking for someone to hunt with let me know, I also have a brother nearby who is also a detecting fanatic. He kinda got hooked when he was just starting out and stumbled across three gold coins at the edge of a new school near Savanna Ga years ago(1855 $20.00, 1850 $10.00, 1848 $5.00.) There has been no living with him since. His finds were written up in western and eastern treasures magazines and whites GAVE him a new spectrum detector for rights to use his story and pics for advertising. Believe it or not, he is still using that spectrum today and still finding good stuff. BUT as soon as my first F75 gets back from fisher (any day now) from getting a tune up I will probably let him have it for about 600. He has seen how much better the f75 works than his so he is ready to upgrade now.

I live in Western WV. Mason Co but I don't have any idea where to detect. I also have an F75 although the only things I have been finding with it are trash. I did find 3 wheats but that is it. I just think I don't have anything in my yard. Also I don't know how to utilize the machine properly either. Pinpointing is the worst!

Look for the little round dot like thing on center of coil.... Thats your center point..Get a target...decide if your going to dig it..Move coil off of target to just the right side of beep area. about 6 8 inches away from detected target..

Pull the trigger and hold it..Bring coil back over the area where it beeped slowly...Listen for the rize in tone..the loudests tone is the center point of the target in the ground...Move coil forward and backwards and get the feel of where center is..then move left and right while still holding the trigger towards you.. Get as near to under the little dot as possible.......watch the depth meter..As you move it back and forth depth will read shallow and deeper..The loudest, nearest the dot will be the target under the little dot area..Dig it..

Bury a shallow coin and practice the moving of coil and listening for loudest buzzing..and watch the depth...Remember it will be loudest when centered...

Lori, where you find wheaties, there is a good chance for silver coins as well. Good places to practice and simply to get to know your detector are elementary and junior high schools. If they are newer era schools, all you will probably retireve will be newer clad coins, but they are good to practice on for getting to learn your detector. Older schools, parks, fairgrounds and house sites, to mention a few places, are all good spots for older coins and jewelry. Good luck! HH jim tn

here is a link to there website. Great group of guys. Randy (President) is a good friend of mine). http://www.nkthc.com/