Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any ideas on a holder for digger.

Would like to find something to put on belt to hold my digging tool bought at home depot.
It's what they use for lawn service to cut plugs in yard made by fiskars

If it is the tool I am thinking of? Any how Lowes, Home Depot or most good hardware stores will carry sheathes to carry these type of tools. Another idea if you have one near is an Army surplus. They normally carry all kinds of holders. Good luck, Beale.

I just carry mine in my left hand and swing with my right. I personally find it more inconvenient taking it in and out of a sheath then just carrying it. MHO, anyway. HH jim tn

I bought one of those Home Depot Husky tool belts for detecting. It's worked out great so far. It sort of looks like this, couldn't find the exact one, but it was basically $20. I took off one of the big pouches, and the small tape measure pouch and just leave one of them on the belt, on my right hip. The big pouch part of it, I put in 2 composite diggers and a fake lesche digging tool. I used to also fit an Automax V4 pintpointer in there no problem. (I now have an X-1) I bet it would fit that plug. The small outside pouch I put my drop cloth in. It's deep enough none of my tools fall out while detecting even while sitting on the ground. It's also big enough that you do not even have to look when shoving them back in. On the left side I have my Minelab pouch I got free with my explorer. That's where my finds go! So far it's worked out great. I'll try and take a picture of my "rig" if you want.

One of my pouches has a metal loop for a hammer, I've seen some people use it for larger diggers and what have you. I also have other attachement places that would allow me to clip stuff to it. I like this belt a lot, I add and subtract to it depending on the type of hunt I'm on. Theoretically I could put both pouches on and my Minelab pouch if I were on some deep woods expedition that required a lot of gear.

[attachment 97221 HDToolbelt2.jpg]Here's the tool belt.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100634118&categoryID=527214

[attachment 97223 AmesTrueTemper.jpg]Here's the digger I use, cheap and very rugged. I put a ton of pressure on it and so far it's held up. Lifetime warranty.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100541220&N=10000003+90010+502649

Thanks for the ideas, didn't think about the tool belt at home depot. If you would like to send picture of the one you have maybe that would give me some ideas........thanks again

Do you have the item number for the fiskars plug cutter? I can not find it in Home depots online site for my local store. Thanks.

I always carry my digger in left hand and detector in right, no holder/holster, or whatever, too much hassle to take it out and put it up, and usually when you squat down, the belt or holster will put you in a bind, or poke you, and i don't want nothin to slow me down or interfere with my detectin, equipment or people included :detecting:

I have the same digger, I just put it in my back pocket.

I boufgt the sme digger from Wal Mart. Called a garden buddy. I also bought a sheath for it there. The only thing I had to do is grind that real sharp point down to keep it from hanging on the sheath.

I have one of these also, just sharpen the tip, now for a holder i use a small nail bag from HD and cliped
a quick clip to hang it in the eye loop

I think this is the most popular digger yet. I also have one i got at HD i dont have a holder for it yet i just kinda carry it around with my screwdriver i really do need a sheath for it. i didnt know it had a lifetime warrenty. too cool

Try a shoe repair shop. I used to go to one and have them make custom leather items like knife sheaths and pouches. They're pretty reasonable and you will end up with an item that will last a long time.

I agree with Treasurefriend, the back pocket works great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheath-for-Treasure-Wise-3-in-1-Digging-Tool_W0QQitemZ320253793026QQihZ011QQcategoryZ58056QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I have this holder for the above pictured digger,it fits perfect.I have bought several items from this seller and have been happy with each one.

Check it out.