Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any idea whats going on?

brrttpaul

hi all i went out today with my gta 500 on farmland i picked up a load of junk which showed on my screen as 1 or 2 but every now and then i would get a signal up at 9 or higher and only when i dug it out the signal would change to junk (1 or 2) i then searched the area again with the junk removed to check whether something else was there but nothing why does my machine register a 9 does anyone know ? i did manage to find a roman brooch which showed at 4 so well pleased with the machine but this 9 signal gets to me as at first i think im on something only to see some rusty old iron. any ideas or tips would go down a treat thx guys/gals

My 350 , and some others would do that, usually it was because a iron object had rusted away completely in the soil, and actually converted the soil to like iron dust/dirt, even with sens lowered i would get weird readings, take something white/ rag or whatever, and sprinkle some of rhe soil on it, check color, or use a small magnet, see if the soil sticks to it, if it sticks=iron, and the problem:detecting::garrett::usmc::usaflag:

thx burger i guessed it was something like that but couldnt figure out why the reading was so high up at 9 and not at 1 or 2 its a bugger to get the blood rushing only to see trash lol

It's fairly normal with something that has a lot of
rust. Iron is pretty low conductivity, but rust itself
is pretty high conductivity. Thats why rust rings up
so hot most of the time. I've seen rusty nails full peg
at the $1 tab... The only real tipoff that it's not likely
a coin, is the bouncing from iron to coin range, and the
coin range hits will usually be so hot as to likely be a
fluke. IE: bouncing up in the 50c and $1 range at times.
You don't see that too often on coins. A true half will
ring up pretty stable and not bounce down to iron, unless
it's next to some iron.
MK

yes it did bounce around sometimes mk so i had a rough idea it wernt genuine thx for the advice guys as long as i know my machine wernt faulty im happy