Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any guesses?

Bunchgrasser

Hey gang,

This is one of my finds from last week. I've studied it several times and I just can't fingure out what it is. My first thought when it came out of the dirt was a thimble, but now I think that is not likely. I think it is made of copper or brass, diameter about the size of a quarter, sturdy (not easily bendable) and has some weight to it. If anyone has seen something similar please let me know.

HH

It maybe a husker helper, when farmer husks corn by hand they would use a starter to grab the husks to make the job quicker or something on that line usually corn husker fit over the hand and the hook was in the palm, but I'm sure there were different models, might want to -key antique farm tools- see what turns up Perch

Another possibility is that this could be a neckerchief slide. When I was a cub scout some 30 something years ago, we used to have to wear a neckerchief (probably spelling it wrong) with the uniform. I have also seen gentlemen of the southwest wearing these same sort of ties. It is possible (especially if this is damaged already) that this would have been the slide which held the ends together in the middle. The circle probably at one time held polished turquoise or corral on a nice one, or some glass or plastic ornament on a cheaper model. Just a thought. Someone might be shucking corn with one right now, I don't know. jeff