Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Former Safari Owners Here?

Hi with all the Etrac owners jumping ship for the new CTX3030 there seems to be more Etracs for sale then I can ever remember. Well with the opurtunity to upgrade from my Safari to an Etrac I was wondering if there are any Safari ex-patriots that can tell me if they thought the upgrade was worth it, and what where the biggest changes they noticed going from the Safari to the Etrac. The reason I ask, is if the sounds are the same, and technology the same, and if you have been working hard to discriminate with your ear more then the machine, what will I gain by upgrading to the Etrac.

Did your treasure to trash ratio improve?

Are you finding more older coins and silver?

Did you start finding treasure at deeper depths?

Did you find it easier to use at trashy sites?

Any input will be much appreciated!

Bryanna

Wow! I am surprised thought there would be at least a couple of previous Safari owners on this forum. Just looking for someone that has owned both to give me some insight.

I will keep my fingers crossed

Thanks

Bryanna

I used the Safari for only one season, but I loved it so much that I traded up for a used Etrac.

To me, the Etrac is very much worth the upgrade. I LOVE the smart screen because it gives you so much more information, especially for deep rusty nails that hit high tone. You do not waste your time digging those with the Etrac because of the ferrous numbers and the smart screen. It also helps differentiate coins easier.

It is also better ergonomically even though it is heavier than the Safari. The Safari was brutal on my arm because it was so nose heavy. The Etrac will still wear me out, but I can swing it so much longer than I could the Safari.

The FBS machines are all about the sound, and you can customize everything sound wise on Etrac (pitch, variability, # of tones) This was a huge plus for me versus the Safari.

There are other reasons, but these are the main pluses for me.

I say go for it! I do not regret the move up at all:)