Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any chance we can get a separate forum for fresh and salt water?

marcoo

I live in the mountains and haven't seen salt water for years and yet so many posts relate to salt water beach hunting that I feel it would be helpful to split this forum into two different forums focusing on the water of choice so that those of us who hunt only in fresh or salt water don't need to wade through posts that don't apply to their kind of MDing.

Fresh water and salt water hunting are two different experiences and deserve their own forums. Anyone want to second the idea.

There are no freshwater lakes, streams, ponds or rivers here so I agree that the freshwater posts aren't relative to my kind of hunting. I do still like to see these types of posts regardless and to support the freshwater guys in their THing. If it does split I'll still check out the new site from time to time.

BDA:cool:

I do both, but more salt than fresh, because I am closer to the coast. Sometimes when 1 is slow, I am able to go the other. It is great to view the fresh and salt finds in my opinion. I don't mind viewing fresh water finds at all. The main thing to keep in mind is that where people swim and wear their jewelry, that it is coming off and that's where we come in to vaccuum it up off it's resting place and deposit it into the treasure chest. AARRGG! I love this sport!

The beauty of this forum is the number of people using it. At any time of the day someone is on line reading, posting, or commenting. It is this level of involvement that makes it such a fun place to visit. Any thing that would take viewers away from the forum could have a negative impact. I love posting something and then seeing the comments. I also try to encourage others with my comments.

The similarities between salt and fresh water hunting are far greater than any differences. I personally enjoy doing both and reading about both. It is great to have a single place to post. As a group we can discuss what works best, but for me, I recommend that we leave a good thing alone. Nothing is worse that posting on a forum and then checking back 2 or 3 times to see if anybody read it! :)

[snark/off] :poke:

Just messin with ya. I'm out here in Central California where the water is mostly really cold :yikes: (fresh or salt) and sometimes the posts from the warm water areas make me feel a little envious (especially those guys out in Bermuda!:ukflag:)

I'm for keeping all the water hunting stuff on one forum. While there are differences between hunting the ocean and hunting a lake, there are enough similarities that tips and insights from the hunters of one are good for the hunters of the other too. :beers:

Just come on out for a visit.:chase: Okay, not everybody all at once.:rofl:
FYI the cannonball is coming along just fine in its' freshwater bath.

HH All,

BDA:cool: