Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any body use or no anything about the Bounty Hunter Platinum

May be the Gamma 6000 with different name. Buy a Tek Omega 8000 for a little more. With the 11" DD coil it rocks.

I have a couple I bought recently. They are made by Bounty Hunter exclusively for Cabelas and as Themartaman suggested appear to be identical to the Teknetics Gamma 6000 except the coil connector pushes on instead of screws on like the Gamma. I do know that the manuals are almost a word for word copy of each other as I have the manual for the Platinum and have downloaded the manual for the Gamma. Haven't had a chance to do much hunting with the Platinum yet as we have had a lot of rain recently. I have done some air testing with the 8" stock coil and got 11" on a quarter in All Metals mode. Seems to be a great little machine and easy to use. I'm currently searching for a 11" DD coil to use in place of the 8" that came with the unit.

I purchased one over the weekend at Cabela's. They were on sale for 299.00
When i unpacked it (very poorly packaged) I was not very happy. The foam on the grip handle looked like
it had been split or cut more than half way up the handle, but it was not cut it had been put on like that from the
factory, you could not even pull it together to tape it. To me the build quality was very poor. I returned it for a refund.
I am not bad mouthing F.T. I have a T2 that i like. But for a detector that normally sells for $500.00 I expected more.

The 2 I got were in perfect condition. I also got them for $299. I took one out this afternoon for about an hour in a local park and found 3 quarters at about 6 inches. For the price I got them at I can't complain.

What Cabelas' did you find them at $299? Is that sale still on? Was this sale offered on their internet site?

Found them for that price in store in Glendale Arizona. I just happened to walk into the metal detector section and find them for sale....they were not listed online. They appear to be the older models as they didn't have the screw on connector to the control box. I talked to a tech at First Texas who said he was unaware that any of the Platinum models were of the push on connector type. The sale at the local Cabelas is off now.

Recently bought a Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector at Cabela's for $299 on sale instead of paying the regular price at $499. Air test on penny, nickel, and quarter is about 10". Dime is about 9".
Tiny .01 oz. of gold is 3" air test using the 8" coil. This coil is more sensitive than the 4" coil even with smaller objects. I like this Detector very much. Because of the weather, I haven't had much
experience with it so far.
It's really worth the money. Someone told me it's almost identical to the 'Teknetics Gamma 6000'.