Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any aftermarket brand coils in the future for the Equinox?

Treasurechic

I would think like any other model that the popular aftermarket manufacturer's would be working on some, especially since we only have 3 choices in size from Minelab.

Between the connector and the electronic that are in the coil, I doubt you will see any 3rd party coils for quite a while if ever. Similar to the Deus. I have not looked for, but I have not seen aftermarket coils for the Deus.

I agree , I love an 8 inch coil . My favorite is the 6x8 SEF butterfly coil. I have had it on many other detectors. I didn't realize how small the 6" coil.was until I received it. Just too small. An 8 inch coil is a "happy" medium and extremely versatile size. However, the Equinox has excellent recovery speed from what I have seen so far so I'll just stick to the stock coil unless something smaller but not too small, shows up.

Yeah 8” would be perfect I really like my 9” HF Deus perfect size

Given the unprecedented popularity of the Eqx, Minelab would be stupid ( which they're not) if other coil selections are not being planned. I like the 3 available now, but I'd
really like to try out a 9" concentric

Xterra has chip in the coil,and lots of manufacturers make them.No doubt you’ll be seeing equinox aftermarket coils coming soon.

Bigtom123 said:
Xterra has chip in the coil,and lots of manufacturers make them.No doubt you’ll be seeing equinox aftermarket coils coming soon.

You are confusing hardware with software. A basic electrical circuit takes A and changes it to B then back to A is a piece of hardware anyone could install. When its a programmed IC, then the programming is protected and illegal to copy. That programmed chip is what they are calling their "smart chip" technology. Don't you think there would be as many coils for the CTX as there are for the E-Trac if it was a simple converter chip?