Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any advice?

brrttpaul

ok so on sunday im going on a rally which is farmland roughly 20 acres mixture of pasture and ploughed that hasnt been searched on before. im tempted to go in all metal mode and just dig everything but im open to suggestions eg relic mode,coin mode. any thoughts?

I would start in all metal to feel out the ground a lot of iron lot of trash,if not then i would stay in this mode to hear everything, most depth and if something is being masked by another object,iron ,can trash,you should be able to catch a bell tone.To much iron and trash i would switch to relic which leaves the iron out.If it were a contest and they buried the coins ,i would start in all metal and switch to coins because they were jested buried and you want to dig and move fast.Were the plow went through try to get in the middle swing peak down side and in the valley then back up the other side.A lot of times the coins from the plow get brought up to top and sides.If you hit a trash area in ground remember someone had to bring it there so swing the are don't run away from it. Look for spots were the family had picnics and gatherings and trees were the kids might play or someone might take a rest.Try to work from house outward most chance of dropped coins.dry creak beds and around post use to hide stuff there.research and see if any tornado's or really bad weather hit the are and which direction it took, and see if he rebuilt in different area.Hope this helps others on the forum have a lot they can tell you.Watch out for cow-pies.good luck good hunting.

A magnet to check on interesting rocks to see if they are meteorites they are worth some money i posted a link on august 19.Small magnet keep away from machine can also check some thing to rusted to see if it metal.

thx fred some real good advice there (except for the tornado bit lol) saying that a tornado did hit britain back in the 90s but nothing as devastating as you guys get in america i,m glad i,m acctually thinking along the right lines just needed someone else to say go in all metal mode. im interested in the meteorite thing how cool would that be to find one of those i read the link the other day bout them. funny my best find so far was a visual find. a cracking fossil looks like a palm tree branch bout 6" high 4" diamater and very heavy at the moment its in my sons vivarium but i might take a pic of it sometime when i get round to it

get a lot of wet weather fred on the west coast of britain so we get the warm air from the gulf stream that hits the cold arctic air (prob right above my house) which gives us summer temps between 17-30 degrees and winter can be anything from plus 10 to minus 10. think we all agreed the climate is def changing its more like dry and wet seasons now whereas when i was a kid we had the froste snow etc will try and do that pic now bear with me

the trouble where i am fred is im at the top of a valley and during the coal yrs all the slag was deposited on top of the surrounding mountains resulting in a total different landscape. you might have heard of the aberfan disaster where a school was wiped out killing mostof the children i live bout 2 miles from there.Just behind my house they just built a new school on an old playing field (i worked on it as a bricklayer) when they were digging the foundations we came across inkwells and shoes etc. apparently the field was levelled off from the debris from the aberfan disaster. found that really freaky that a school was built where the debris from the disaster was put 30 odd yrs ago