Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anticipation is making me wait!

jnstrom

UPS ohhhhh UPS why must I wait.
5 whole days! I have read my manual twice and want to buy a good Metal Detecting book. Any suggestions where I should start?

Here is a couple of books that are good: "Detectorist" by Robert Sinkler and "Taking A Closer Look At Metal Detector Discrimination" by Robert C. Brockett, these can be bought through just about any Dealer on the forum........Hombre

Yeah, I like the one by Robert Sickler. The chart that shows the relationship of treasure to trash is worth the price of the book.

Hay Jnstrom,

When I got my first metal detector, I got a book by Charles Garrett.

There were not that many books back then. I learned what I could.

I did some research which I am still building on today.

I haven't read any more books about metal detecting.

But when I got on this forum, I have read all kinds of stuff that really

has helped me in this hobby.

The internet is a great tool for finding information, both good and bad.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog

jnstrom......I agree with Hombre and slingshot, get the "Detectorist" by Robert H. Sickler ! It's "jam-packed" with innovative techniques, including great sketches done by the author to help us grasp his ideas. Mr. Sickler's articles were published in Western & Eastern Treasures magazines for many years. He is a highly skilled and talented graphic designer who creates his own art work to illustrate and support his literary works. His drawings of coin retrieval methods appear often in metal detecting books and magazines and have become a familiar standard.

Another book I just recently read and recommend is titled "Site-Reading" for Gold and Silver, by Clive James Clynick. In my opinion "Site -Reading" is unique as a complete work on the subject of how to judge the potential of a new site, where the most likely "hot spots" are located, etc..

Hope this helps and good luck with your new metal detector ! :thumbup:

Todd

Tomorrow is the day. Im thinking about playing hooky from work to get some quality time with my Vaq. Besides I feel like I should be in the Pepdobismal (sp!) commercial