Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another time in which I become spiritually moved is..

Jim Vokes NY

when I get into a tree stand in the dark and sit while dawn comes and the woods awakens.

First there is the "quiet" darkness where in reality the sounds of night animals are heard.

Then the eerie half light where deer, perhaps a fox or an owl quietly drift ghostlike, soundlessly through the woods returning from a night on the prowl.

Finally the dawn, as the sun begins to illuminate and warm the day. I listen in wonder to a calliope of sounds. That of the wind softly moving through the leaves. The cheerful songs of the birds and the noisy chatter of the squirrels as each comes to visit my not so lonely vigil. Joyfully, if I am lucky, I even get to see one of the night creatures who is a little tardy in getting back to where they spend there days.

Occasionally I am blessed by the added thrill of hearing a hawk, a pheasant or a turkey sounding off to greet the morning wonders of the day.

It is times like that that I BELIEVE...

I have been on hundreds of outings like you have decribed. I LOVE to camp by myself for days on end. Strange?.....Perhaps, but one thing is for sure. I am never lonely.

Lil Brother:)

what get to me. There is so much life that starts in a marsh and so much going on.

Your discription was dead on. Good job

when you actually feel one with nature. Sure is inspirational!

Dave