Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another six inch sucess story

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
I was working the edge of a heavily hunt ghost town where a fence row had dozed out last summer. Thinking that removing the brush might reveal some targets a friend and I headed out, I was surprised the amount of iron that had been deposited along with the old fence to say the least it was hard pickn'. When I dug the Indian it flipped out and landed on a big piece of iron and "disappeared" a little probing and removing the chunk of junk and my signal was back. The round piece is a oil lamp wick advance I love the patent dates on them, I know kinda wierd:shrug:
P.S. my friend hunted with the 800 and the big coil and didn't dig a single piece of non ferrous, and he's no slouch just not the right environment.
HH Jeff

Ted S said:
Nice! With any luck we will be hunting by June!:ranting:
I know right, -23 the other night and snow a%^^$ole deep to a tall Indian. I have some timber spots when the snow shrinks down a bit. The strange part is the ground isn't frozen here with all deep snow.

Jeff

Nice finds Jeff man those nice Indians are hard to find..Ground near me was frozen yesterday.
I saw two guys out on rogers lake near my parents on sat and I said to myself
no way is that ice safe!
A half hour later both went through one drowned! A 61 year old local resident of our town so it was quite a weekend here in this small town with all the news around town.