Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another quick hunt in my Dad's yard after work

I got home from work around 10:30 and I put my headlamp on and headed over to my Dad's who lives next door to me. I know that I've searched his yard quite a bit , but I still keep finding coins there ( Found my first Indian Head Penny there the other day ) and it's right next door so it's hard to resist. Both of our houses are old and full of junk , but I find way more coins in his yard for some reason. I detected for about an hour with my Vaquero and I found a 1948 Jefferson Nickle and another first for me - A Buffalo Nickle. Granted it's in poor condition , but I think I can make out 1914. Unfortunately when Frazier designed the Buffalo he made the date the highest feature on the coin , so it's the first thing to wear ( Completely off a lot of times). After I was done detecting , my Dad invited in and surprised me by giving me one of the three Mercury dimes that I need to fill my book. He picked me up a 1921-D in VG+ Condition ( An early X-Mass gift??). Now all I need is a 1921(P) and the biggy - The 1916-D. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to afford the 1916-D ( or the 1909-s V.D.B. Wheatie that I also need ). I guess that I'll just have to find one with my detector - Yeah right - In my dreams maybe. Well I've read articles where people have , so I'll have to keep having fun trying. Getting late ( or early depending on how you look at it ) so I better shut up and hit the rack. Happy Hunting to ya all !!! Craig

Ya , I think I'm coming along with them. I couldn't hardly find any nickles with my old Cortes that I traded in. I really like finding nickles because I feel like I'm not leaving many good items behind now . Those nickles were pulled out of an area that I searched pretty hard with my old Cortes , so I'm very happy with my trades. Thanks for your reply! Craig

Sounds good.

I really like the single tone Tesoro'es.

It's not for everyone.

Some people just seem completely

puzzeled about how to go about it.

I'm not like that.

When I got my first single tone Tesoro,

it only took a couple of hours to change my

hunting habits for the good.

Now I have 4 of them and another on the way.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog