Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another qoute for Monte

findit

"This is twice the machine that the Vaquero is. The V is good but the Eldorado was a vastly superior design. ". Someone quoted this and was wondering if you can explain why? seem hard to believe it is twice as good.

Hard to believe it could be better. If it is, maybe I need to sell my Vaquero and buy one.

findit
I responded to your question on the other forum. Not a lot of information, just how I see it.
Stan

I should have napped during that break time and not posted. Sorry.

Monte

I bought one over the Vaquero for the simple reason you can get a 12X10 concentric coil for it (wanted that size for relic hunting) and as far as I know you can only get the 12X10DD coil for the Vaquero and I haven't had much luck trying to pinpoint accurately with a DD coil (widescan I think they call it).

You do know that you have to turn 90 degrees to pinpoint with a double D coil, yes? Do your left to right centering sweep, then you have to turn your stance by 90 degrees and do the same thing. Double D coils are a bit more difficult to pinpoint with, and really dont give you any advantage over a concentric coil unless you are in mineralized soil. You get better coverage, front to back on the coil, but depth is about the same as a concentric coil. The 9 by 8 is the best coil for depth on the V.

My well rested response is that the Eldorado is not "vastly" better than the Vaquero or "twice" as good as the Vaquero.

I will say, however, the Eldorado and Vaquero are different enough that each has their strong points, thus making that a weak point in comparison with the other. Here are reasons I DO LIKE each model:

Vaquero: I found the pushbutton mode change into a momentary All Metal Pinpoint mode handy on the Sidewinder and Silver Sabre

Hi Scully, I bought an Eldorado, not a Vaquero and I got the larger coil so as to hunt deeper for larger targets. I have an MXT with a couple of DD coils, so I got the Eldorado as a diversity move as well as to use as my backup machine. I know about turning 90 to pinpoint with the DD coils and its a pain when I'm hunting a larger area, looking for a CW camp and the ground goes from moderate to bad over short distances. I do appeciate the input though. Its this free exchange of ideas that leads to fresh ideas and thinking outside the box. Thanks Again.