Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another pond

Royal

This is my little water feature. It is not very big but I get a bit of relaxation out of it. Actually I had the one in the ground for the last two years but there was no filter or anything on it. I just filled it up, tossed in some critters and let it go.

This year I decided to add another one to it with a filter. I wanted a waterfall, for the sound, so put the second one only half way in the ground and situated so the overflow would run into the original pond, or I should say pool.

I went hunting rocks to surround the new pond to hide as much plastic as I could and searched the river banks for plants. It has worked out pretty well and the sound of the running water can be heard on my deck.

I want to put in a big one next year but this will have to do until then.

This is the view looking from my yard toward my firepit. The ponds are in front of the two white lawn chairs. I have a picture somewhere of my and my two brothers setting in those same chairs in 1946.

The second picture is of my original pool with the plantings around it. You can see the corner of the new pool on the left. I cut away some of the lip so it overflows into the lower one. The pump and filter is in the lower one and it pumps the water up into the upper one.

This is the upper and newer pool. The overflow is to the right.

This is a view of both ponds

And the right size for me. I love the sound of water trickling.......that's all I'd need or want. :)

n/t

I enjoy hearing the brooks. We have one about 100 yards from the house here and when we get a rain its really loud.

I have not been on much this week except for short visits. My buddy is starting up a steel fabrication shop. So I been in there helping him get it set up with tools, tables, welders, plasma torch, Bridgeport, lathe, band saw.. All kinds of tools to work with and we made up a nice gantry crane we can roll around the shop... Took up most of my free time this week but it was fun to use what I learned over the years to help him out.

I hope to get out and get some pictures myself.

Hey do you get those sea run halibut in your pond like Wayne does? I remember seeing one in his pond.

Geo

n/t

n/t

it has to wait. I still am stuck with the Waterford place :rant:

I don't know what I am doing but take it a step at a time. The deer do not cross the wire, at least they have not in the three years I have had it up. I noticed the coon walked around the outside of it on their visit too

When I had my gall bladder attack at two in the morning it was nice to hear the babbling of the little water fall when I was crawling around on the deck on my hands and knees a puking my guts out. Very peaceful:thumbup: I will never forget it

I am sorta tossing around the idea of building these two ponds into the deck if I can figure out a way to do it that will look good

We have had a long run of over developement (condominium being the buzz word). Our local government loves the tax advantage of dense population and the developers have found that
there's much higher profits to be made in building 100 units on what used to hold 10 stand-alone homes. All this has made for a strange mix of more condo's for sale than buyers to purchase them
and because they are generally priced much lower than a "stand alone home" they have pushed the stand-alone home to rediculous market values that few can afford.
I know that the problem you have had is for a different reason, but the results are the same. If we were to list our house tomorrow it would sit with a sign in front of it for quite some time.
Hence the remodeling. If we are basically stuck here (for lack of a better term) then we might as well be comfortable. Something is drastically wrong with the "north american" economy and I'm
curious to see how it washes out. Good luck on that sale. I hope it moves for you soon.

Having experienced that myself, I know if sure was not funny at the time. One of the few times I was hoping I would catch a stray bullet and put me out of it. At least the babbling waterfall let you know you were still in the game. My cousin did one similar to what you did. He did it different in that he wanted more noise, so it took and old cast iron water pump that had back in the old days and ran the water to it and then it ran down over a slanted brook it made with the rocks in it and plastic to the big pond. It really was nice and loud and looked pretty neat. He spent hours out there tinkering with that getting the look he wanted.

Geo

n/t