Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another photo of my past finds....Bullets, knives and misc.

I love finding knives and little die cast cars. The hunting season does not officially start until I dig a die cast car!

lots of rifle rounds. Are these mostly park finds?

Well, I think I would say most were found in the parks or older school grounds! I have lots and lots of rifle shells...not shown here...found in the Jefferson Barracks So County Park...not by the Museum, as we weren't allowed to hunt in that portion of the park, but we hunted behind big apartment complexes in the park and there were rifle shells after rifle shells...because that is where the WWII soldiers practiced shooting! Dug up a lot of old stuff, mostly trash! Had a good time hunting there, though! Never did hunt the ball field areas, so don't know what we would have found in them! If the movers packed the bags of Rifle Shells, I still have them, if not then I don't know where they are....got to where I didn't quite trust the mover and the guys working with him! But had sold the house, so had to move and get out, so not much choice after I hired the movers! Now, none of these photos will show the good stuff found nor the gold and silver items, because my photos were all deleted when I goofed and went back to factory setting on my Lap Top...the photos I have now were still in my digital camera! My cousin Virginia should have them because she and her daughter, Judy, were getting all the photos from me and others for their genealogy research on our ancestors! I hope to get the photos back from them sometime but haven't been able to so far! God Bless! Ma

It is amazing on how many of the small knives are found in school yards!! Back in the 1940's and 50's most school boys carried these small knives...nothing was thought bad of it....it was just something that most boys carried.....my oh my how times have changed!

I always like finding pocket knives. I have found several over the years. Thanks for sharing Ma.

You are so right, TX Joe, but times have changed and boys and girls can't have knives or anything sharp to play with for they are going to be terrorists and harm or murder someone! My brother and I played with sticks as guns and played Cowboys and Indians and Cops and Robbers pretending shooting one another and murdering anyone was not on our minds...just playing as we never had the games most of the children have today! My brother, Larry, and my sister, Carolyn, the twins played with guns doing the same thing, for I had given Larry a set of cap guns and holster for Christmas! I found many boy and girl scout items in the play and school ground areas, for they would have their meetings there! I believe the Gov't at the airports love taking away all the items they do from ppl just so they can either keep them or sell them for money, for they are so greedy! I've watched the auctions where they sell lots of these items that are taken or lost and they are in huge amounts to be sold! Do I trust our Gov't? NO! SAD TO SAY, I DON'T! :angel: Ma

You are welcome Travis, I know that the photo doesn't show them all because my ex and I went metal-detecting from 1981 to 1985 and then I went by myself or with friends from 1986 to 2006 or 2007 when I had to quit because of my illnesses and helping Cliff during his illness! Wish I still could, but there is a time when some things must end and my :detecting: did! :cry: :angel: Ma

Me, too, Pete! I liked finding most anything but always enjoyed finding the cars! Here is a story about three little boys and me one detecting day! Remember, Ma loves telling stories...but they are true! :) I was digging in a hole and these 3 boys came up and asked me what I was doing and were interested in my finds! I was saying I liked to find little cars and many items! They left and went to the playground farther up the hill from where I was and I didn't know if they had left or not, but they had built up a large mound out of wood chips and were walking out of the area, I guess to go home! I ran my detector over the mound and the beeps came! I dug several little toy cars out but put them back and did not take them, for I didn't know if they would be back to play or if they left them there for me to find! Just didn't feel like I should take their toys....even if they left them there for me! They were so nice and didn't want to disappoint them, though I might have if they meant for me to find and have them! But I have always felt better leaving their toy cars there! Keep on, keepin' on for the Lord and detecting! :angel: Ma