Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another one for ya... it's a key, but to what?

mattw

I found the partial key at an 1860's house lot. It is about 5 inches long and is missing the part that works the lock. It appears to be either brass or copper. I am guessing maybe a railroad lock?

Can't tell, if it was it has maybe got steel or brass bristles in it. The end looks broken, but it is extremely rough on the end, not like a break.

Matt

It is hard to tell without the "business" end but I'm sure it is not a RR key, they are usually quite sturdy and stubby.

I have no idea what the key's to Matt but at 5" long ( without the end ) there may be a REALLY big lock there still waiting to be found.
HH
Scott

The site dates to the 1850's in our small town. I have found bits and parts of other things and if it was not such a nice yard there are a couple of other targets that I would love to really dig.

Matt

Was watching History channel last nite with program "Afraid of the Dark" and they were discussing about how in older times people "shut in" by locking all doors and shutters etc to keep all things evil outside at night,,,anyways it showed person locking door with huge key and narrator stated key was about 6 inches long...possible what you have left there..

Your choice

Clock key check the end and see if it's square or octagonal inside

Window latch key....

Or for the macbre a coffin key....