Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another newbie:detecting:

mrcricket

I just bought a DFX two days ago, and am going to the Cape in two weeks. Any pointers on the DFX for the salty beach? Have been going for three years now but confined to the dry sand because the cheap detector i bought from radio shack would beep every pass when i got near wet sand. and im all excited seeings how i see other metal detectors out there near the water pulling out rings and old coins.........excited in New York!!!!!

Welcome aboard this forum..
Go dig the treasures and post them for us to admire:whites:

You should do fine with the Beach and Jewelry program. You can try raising the Preamp to 3 or 4 if you can and retain stability.

[size=medium]Welcome to the forum. When you mention the Cape, I'm assuming you mean Cape Cod. Be careful where you search at the Cape because there is no detecting allowed along the National Sea Shore.

That will pretty much cover from Ptown down through Chatham and even further south. If you're caught detecting in those areas you may lose your equipment.

Anything along the bay side is fair game along with areas in Falmouth and parts south.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting !!!

[/size]

Thank you for your responces. Yes i was stopped a couple years ago near P-Town but was not allowed into the park with a detector. will deffinatly let you all know how i make out.. im sure not as well as the gentleman i bought it from he found 60------$ 50.00 gold pieces and was able to buy a house on lake george with no expence to him.... WAY NICE!!!!!! And ill be in the East Orleans area...

ooohhhhh by the way ...... does everyone keep track or a log of all there finds for everytime out with the detector? Just curious cause it does sound like fun!!!! thanks again to those who responded.....