Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Moose "Tail"

Ron J

While i'am on a roll... When i was growing out of boats,and thinking of girls, and cars,still had the Moose around.In the spring of 1964,got my first car,a 57 Olds,Super 88,Convertible,Black with White top,had a first Honeypie also!,But NO license yet.Still rowed alot,me Moose,and the Honeypie..thats another story!! The OlDS was bought through an Insurance Settlement,from when i got hit by a car,a couple of yrs earlier,while riding a bicycle..(No wonder some people think i'am whacked) Paid a whopping $500 for it.Had it registered,and insured,so i could drive Mom & Dad,on my learners permit.Finally in late June after my 16th birthday,GOT MY LICENSE! LOOK OUT WORLD!! HERE I COME! As soon as i received my license,at the registry downtown,I drove the Driver Ed's 1963 chev,biscayne,4 door,6 cyl,3 on the tree,beater,to my house as quickly,speed limits obeyed,would allow.Man,i couldn't wait to get dropped off,and jump into that freakin Olds!!! I ran in the house,called the Moose,and he came running,to be my FIRST PASSENGER!! Started the engine,TOP DOWN! KING SH@T! HERE WE COME!! Remember driving from Riverview Street,to Bridge st.and up to County Way,to pick-up the Honeypie of course!! Me driving,Moose in the middle,head almost above windshield,and of course,the Honeypie on the right side.Man,was i King or what!! When ever i came home,after riding around,on maybe a buck or two for gas,(gallon was 26 or 27 cents!)my Mother would be chuckling alot.Learned later she thought it amusing,that Moose was sitting next TO ME,in that car,and not the Honeypie,with the rather large ahemmm's! Hey,I didn't care,i had my friend,the Moose with me! There was plenty of time to spend with the Honeypie,in the backseat,on wooded Chebacco Road,later on...after the Drive-in Movies....Moose enjoyed it,thats what counted!!!!

and the girl friend sitting next to the door. :rofl: Do you have a photo of "Moose?" Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Funny how the honeypots of our youth just don't seem to be as purty as we remember them. Poor women are not lucky like us men folks. We just get better and craggy and they get sorta saggy and wrinkley like.

You figure maybe that this might wake up Sunny? I miss John and Tom too!!

those first cars are always something!

Dave

How about breaking up into paragraphs for us old folks? Makes for easier readin'.

Your convertible reminded me so much of my 1963 Bonneville. In 1966, I paid $1,600.00 for her (on time of course) and it was a bute! I've been toying around with finding another one to play with, but I'ma gonna have fork over a site more than $1,600.00 nowadays! <><

aj

To all the sweetie out there.I have seem all Ron honey pot,sweetie pie,and honey pie,but the MOOSE was the real honey,maybe better yet.He was the KING,of cars, boat and rock and roll.Them poor sweetie of Ron didn't have a snow ball chance in HHH.Only because the MOOSE wae there.He is missed,I dont know about the sweetie. A.K.J.