Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Miracle in Missouri!

Dan-MO

Hello my friends. I haven't posted much for the last couple of weeks due to lots of reasons beyond my control....but had to take the time to tell you of a incredible true story that came to an end here today.

2 days ago a 3 year old baby wandered out of his yard and into the national forrest about 25 miles southwest of me. After a all night search for him involving hundreds of volunteers,,,,,there was not a sign of him found, The child was wearing only a diaper, a pajama top and a pair of tennis shoes. It has rained constantly for the last few days here with overnight temps dropping into the 40s. The area the boy was lost in is among the most rugged wilderness to be found in Missouri -Thousands of acres of woods ,brush, mountains,boulders, sink holes. caves along with many rain swolen creeks and small lakes. It is also the home of coyotes, black bear, rattlesnakes and even a few cougars.....not a good place for a small child to be lost in for a couple of days and nights.

Yesterday one of the childs shoes was found on the banks of a lake about 3/4 of a mile from his house....and the worst was feared. Water rescue teams began dragging the lake.

Another cold rainy night passed with no sign of the missing child.

This morning the sheriff put out a call for volunteers to help with another ground search and I along with hundreds of others answered the call. By this time the boy had been lost in the woods for more than 48 hours and hopes were dimming for finding him alive....or for finding him at all. Grown men have been lost and never found in these same woods.

After a cold wet day of slipping and sliding and fighting the thick brush...as we were broken into teams and searching grids....at about 4:00 pm this afternoon a team member with a cell phone recieved a texted message that brought many grown men.....including myself to tears of joy......2 words on the message.....FOUND ALIVE!

A fellow volunteer who was only able to search today because he could not work because of the rain....heard a small cry from the middle of a brush pile...and found the boy in the middle of it.....3 miles from home, naked,scratched up, and hungry....but overall in good shape! I have seldom seen so many people brought together for a common purpose and become so over whelmed with such joy when the boy was found! He is being kept overnight in a local hospital for observation -but is in good condition. This should be a special mothers day for his mother. Below is a article from a Kansas City newspaper.

ST. LOUIS | A 3-year-old southeast Missouri boy missing for more than two days was found alive Wednesday afternoon three miles from his rural home.

A volunteer found Joshua Childers in the rugged terrain of the Mark Twain National Forest, Madison County Sheriff David Lewis said. The boy had slipped out of his house more than 50 hours earlier, wearing a T-shirt, sneakers and a pull-up diaper. Joshua was taken to the Iron County Hospital in Pilot Knob at 4:42 p.m. for evaluation in the emergency room. Hospital CEO Ed Gast said the initial assessment was that the boy was in fair condition. It wasn

I think it was a miracle that they found him alive. Three miles thru wilderness is a long way for a three year old child. Thanks for posting this story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Great story Dan!!

It would be interesting to see how this child uses the rest of his life.

He just had his first adventure and will no doubt have many more.

He is definitely a survivor!!

CJ

don't seem to get the happy endings as a rule.

Thanks

n/t

last few days and hoped it would turn out well. Sure glad it did. We lost my son for a full day, he and a friend were here but starting walking the brook and got turned around. then ended about 2 miles away but had the good since to go to a house and ask for help when they came out on the road. they said they saw us out looking for them me on the quad, my wife on the horse but thought we would be mad at them so stayed hidden.....

Alls well that ends well......

Thanks for the full story....

George-CT

n/t