Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANOTHER GOOD DAY AT THE BATTLE FIELD

ROGERTN

MY PARTNER AND I HIT THE FIELD FOR ANOTHER AWSOME DAY.. NICE AND SUNNY WITH A NICE BREEZE!! I HIT A NEW SPOT ON THE FAR END AND (LET THE GAMES BEGIN) HIT THE JACK POT:clapping: NOT REAL SURE WHAT ALL ARE BUT MY PARTNER SAID I HAD A KNAPSACK HOOK AND SOME KNAPSACK BUTTOND.........GIVE ME SOME IDEA WHAT I GOT..........MAN I NEED SOME BOOKS FOR ID PURPOSE ANY IDEAS ON THE BEST BOOKS FOR CIVIL WAR ID LET ME KNOW??? THANKS IN ADVANCE:shrug:
[attachment 83924 3-16-08001.jpg]
[attachment 83925 3-16-08003.jpg]
[attachment 83926 3-16-08005.jpg]
[attachment 83927 3-16-08006.jpg]
ANY IDEA WHAT THE THING IS TO THE RIGHT OF THE KNAPSACK HOOK????
[attachment 83928 3-16-08009.jpg]
[attachment 83929 3-16-08010.jpg]

I THINK I FOUND IT?????
[attachment 83939 3-16-08001.jpg]
[attachment 83937 tribuckset.jpg]
[attachment 83940 3-16-08009.jpg]
[attachment 83938 jhooks.jpg]

roger, that small brass piece to the right of the hook is a capbox or bullet pouch finial. looks confederate too. good finds, good job! hh,

Yep, a finial to a cartridge box. Also J-hooks to a knapsack. With those .69s I'd say you had and excellent hunt! Congrats!
Mike

Here are couple of pictures of a cap box and a bayonet scabbard tip. It does look alot like the cap bax finial.
GREAT find!
15112.jpg

pspfldscabtip.gif

LURP DOG

The other pieces are from knapsacks. The triangle: adjuster strap/belt. "buttons" go on the shoulder belts (2) and are used to adjust the shoulder strap length. As for books, most are now out of print and quite expensive. The current book, "Civil War Artifacts" by Crouch is excellent. We also carry several on relic ID and value. Check on my Books and CD's page on our web site. It will triple your knowledge in short order.
Good hunting,
David@Dixie

Very nice finds Roger...The two bullets with the holes in the end are pulled bullets. For what ever reason the weapon failed to fire...A worm was attached to the ramrod and screwed into the bullet to remove it.

TomB