Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another flooded Nox...

C

calabash digger

My buddies kid went water hunting with me. His 600 flooded within 15 minutes....

calabash digger said:
My buddies kid went water hunting with me. His 600 flooded within 15 minutes....

That Excal [which works better in salt water anyway] is looking better and better...……...:lol:

Dave

It would be really nice and the right thing to do if minelab would fix the problem and then replace all the units that have sold up to that time.
Other than that they aren't delivering what they are supposed to be selling.
And no I couldn't do any better, that's why I'm not making and selling what is supposed to be a waterproof detector.

This is all bull ***.
Now I’m getting paranoid about my NOX.
I surly can’t afford another unit.
Minelab needs to give us a lifetime warrant on this issue..
And you know that’s not gonna happen.
With all the technology they have this should have never happen.
Was it a rush to get it on the market.
So now I have to worry every time I go near water
Minelab own us for this grief.

I watch a lot of youtube videos.
Calabash digger, Gig master and Gravediggermax are the three guys I watch the most. All three have had their Equinox flood. That's 100 percent. I've had mine in the water twice and yes I was very nervous about it. Thank goodness it hasn't flooded yet. I have a second Equinox on the way because it's getting that time of year again and I don't want my vacation ruined.
And as I said in an earlier post, that's the problem, we keep on buying them.

Has anyone tried drying them out with a hair dryer. If that works it would be a temporary fix until you get it repaired.

Customer service was great...had a new detector back in hand in 6 days..but its that time of year..

Open it and use it....great detector they will get the bugs worked out.

hammer0419 said:
I just purchased one and contemplating not even opening the box and just return it.
Every vehicle I have ever bought has had warranty/recall issues. I will continue buying them because they wear and need to be replaced. My point is Minelab has great warranty and better service program. I have 2 800's they both swim and have had no issues, that might change tomorrow. Open the box and enjoy your new machine. The sky is not falling! JMO
HH Jeff

Have had a Equinox 600 for about a year. I've hunted lakes about 15 times with no issues. Was in the lake this morning for 2 hours plus. Love this machine.

All of the 600's and 800's out there are still on warranty - 3 years factory.

Is this flooding due to quality control ? Poor engineering / design ? A bad part like an o-ring ? I'm sure Minelab is looking into it. I've had mine in the water, but only briefly.

Going to give it a good dunk AFTER I get back from my outing. Lots and lots of time on the warranty.

Rich -

I totally agree they need to keep us informed and I’m guessing they are watching this site. I’m now afraid to take mine back into the water even though it is under warrant.

Doug

I'm running mine tomorrow morning. If it fails I will be pissed off. But as long as it's in warranty I will get over it. If it was a one year warranty and failed I would go postal!!!

Ok this has gone far enough. Minelab I’m sure is watching the two Equinox boards. And it’s time they inform us on this issue. I’m sure they did extensive research before they released the Equinox so they néed to inform us of what is actually failing like a lot of defective seals/ O ring or a burr in the=seal area. I’m sure they know by now what is causing the problem. If it’s just a bad o ring just send us all a new one. Because Minelab is not addressing this problem they are not being honest with us. We all purchases the Equinox for water used and Minelab is letting us down. They need to inform all of us NOW. I’m loosing faith in Minelab.

Doug