Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another day epic day in the field!! Big silver again!!

Ted S

I went back to my hunting grounds today and spent 5 hours there. I took a sandwich along so I did stop to eat...I was running my Equinox 900 just like yesterday. Park 1 and varying sensitivity from 23-28 pending on the emi. I wasn't ten minutes into the hunt when I got a high tone that locked on at 92-93! I wondered if it was a part of an old beer can but when I popped out the plug I was rewarded with a worn 1856 O half dollar! That made my day right there!! I ended up with a five silver day. The odd one in the dimes is a 1903 Canadian 10 cent. I haven't looked at the pennies or nickles yet. My Whites TRX probe crapped out towards the end of the day. I took it apart and the frame that holds the rubber push button was cracked making the button stick in the on position. So I need a new housing for that! Anyone know any Whites dealers or did Garret take all the inventory? All in all I had a great day! I may go back tomorrow and make another sweep of the area! Thanks for looking and HH! Ted

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    631.3 KB · Views: 55
Wow Ted congratulations thats my white whale a seated half nice I knew there would be more there what was the spot? Old homestead? Store?
I think I’d splurge and invest in a new pinpointer lol looks like you got a great spot be sure to check the perimeter and woods
Mark

I went back to my hunting grounds today and spent 5 hours there. I took a sandwich along so I did stop to eat...I was running my Equinox 900 just like yesterday. Park 1 and varying sensitivity from 23-28 pending on the emi. I wasn't ten minutes into the hunt when I got a high tone that locked on at 92-93! I wondered if it was a part of an old beer can but when I popped out the plug I was rewarded with a worn 1856 O half dollar! That made my day right there!! I ended up with a five silver day. The odd one in the dimes is a 1903 Canadian 10 cent. I haven't looked at the pennies or nickles yet. My Whites TRX probe crapped out towards the end of the day. I took it apart and the frame that holds the rubber push button was cracked making the button stick in the on position. So I need a new housing for that! Anyone know any Whites dealers or did Garret take all the inventory? All in all I had a great day! I may go back tomorrow and make another sweep of the area! Thanks for looking and HH! Ted
Holy Smokes Ted!!! You went from silver drought to silver raining down 😂
Congratulations on the seated half!!
If you need help digging in that hard dirt, I’m only a phone call away 🤭🤣
Jk
Get back there Ted and blast that place!!

Thanks everyone! I will go back in a few days. I have to fix my pinpointer and have personal business to attend to today. I am going to shoot for Monday. I haven't found this much silver in one place in over 40 years! I have to back over my research notes and see what else I have missed! (y)

You're on fire Ted, a huge attaboy and congrats on another great hunt. A little jelly on the seated half. What a find. I'm still lookin for my first Barber half. That is definitely some old ground you've found. Keep pounding it and good luck. Mark

I've heard Whites is no longer in business and I hope that isn't the case. Using their Dual Field has paid off very well for this old water hunter!!!(y)

Cupajo:)

I'm drooling here. Haven't seen that much silver in quite a while. That seated big silver is killing me.
Congratulations