Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another day at the track, big race tomorrow so we made a

George-CT

new jump to get up the back hill for the riders that can handle it. If you hit it full bore, you can skip all the middle and land of the top of a big hill still carrying a lot of speed, rail the backstop and launch of the top for the next jump. After we brought in 12 tri-axles of dirt to make it we had some of our riders test it out. I grabbed a few shots of it to show you. Also put in a dog house on the start line so the riders can watch the guy in the middle with the trip and get a jump on the others. The dog house keeps them all in suspense. Those gates drop towards them so pretty hard jump the start. We are working on a new one with no person and it will trip via hydraulics.

All these expand pretty large for more detail...........

#1, the new gate setup....

#2 is showing you a guy using the jump to pass, while the guy on the bottom is riding it out....Bag advantage in the air.....

#3 shows you the height and forward speed you need to clear it to the top..

#4 shows it even better with a little flare. that jump is bigger than it looks....

#5 different angle

#6 gives you a better idea of how big the jump is.

All we need is the weather to hold now. We race rain or shine, but mud makes this a lot harder to do....

Once we got this done, we all took a nice 100 mile road ride into Rhode Island for lunch. As much as this track is work, its also one heck of a lot of fun...

Geo-CT

n/t

except a few non jumpers. Puts them at a disavantage for sure. We had a lot of pro riders today and they were having a ball with it and the not so good riders learned a lot just watching how they did it. Most of our guys in the club are all jumpers as we set our track up like a supercross that they run in the indoor arena's. Very techinical. The weather held for us and it started to sprinkle as we finished at 6:00 pm today. Long day, we got there at 5:00 am this morning. Our next race is a Vintage Motocross Race on June 13, lot of nice old motocross bikes and the vintage riders to match. Fun day and gets a good crowd. Low key, you can do as much or as little as you care to.
You can see a lot of these old timers had some great skills even on these old rigs. We have a big cookout for it also. Its goten big enough now that we actually make money on that event. We put it on because we have a Motocross race the next day on Sunday the 14. We can afford to put it on as they track is all set up anyhow for the race, so its just and extra day of food, parking and flagging crew. A lot of them stay over and race the next day or just stay to watch. Most come in nice RV's so they are all set up. We or 4 of them stay just to trout fish in our river next to the track. We just like changing the track around, and building different stuff. We are like a bunch of kids out there build jumps, or mud bogs, anything to try new. The economy has affected it all thought, as we have less riders coming to the events. I didn't stay tonight to see the final tally, but we may have to add in a few quad rides and 100 mile road rides to carry us throught over the winter. Just not a lot of money around right now to spend on fun.

Hope Alice is doing better. I see in a post earlier you were taking for a ride on the tractor. Good man. These horse ladies are troopers.

I think Jane would let me drag here behind the horse on3 poles in a V like the Indians did as long as she was outdoors moving and with her horses.

Take care..

George-CT

What kind of helmet cam are your guys using? I am thinking about getting one, might be fun on the kayak and geocashing trips.

do enjoy the dirt bikes, road bikes, quads, most anything with and engine to play with and have fun. There are times when I'm doing some of it and think, if I was doing this for money I might quit, but because I'm doing what I enjoy, Little do they know, I'd do it for free.
So I guess its true, If you find a job doing something you love, you will never work a day in your life.

The down side is the aging process. It gets harder to do each year, and the body is letting me know that. Being old school I keep pushing.
The road bike still lets me feel like a young man again for a few hours with the wind in your face. I can see why dogs ride with their face and tongue stuck out the window in your truck or car. My wife says they will have to catch me to stuff me in a pine box. Thats just the way I planned it. If I'm having fun, I will still have a smile on my face. This is the only game in town, so you might as well wear out all the parts.

Geo-CT

I just ordered a Tachyon XC today. It is pretty solid and can be used to a depth of over 25 ft. I will be using it on the river