Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another ACE coil question.

RussC

I know that Garrett lists only the 4.5" Sniper coil as optional for the 150/250, but after scouring several on-line dealers sites it appears that all Crossfire II coils may also work with these detectors.

I tried calling Garrett last night to confirm this but I apparently called after their office closed. Can anyone offer any first hand experience or knowledge. Remember, I already know what the owner`s manual and Garrett literature say.

What harm might there be if the connector for the coil mates with the detector head and one of those other coils is tried? I would expect that the worst case scenario might be that the detector simply wouldn`t work since the coil is supplied power from the head and not vice versa.

Thanks, Russ

Thanks for the feedback guys, it`s been invaluable!:lol:

I understand that this is a verboten topic for some, although I can`t understand why. Anyway, I answered my own question at a local dealer today. Here is the result, a brand spanking new 10x14DD coil on the 250 and the price isn`t half bad either.

Eat your hearts out all you guys stuck with the 6x9!

Holy S__t! Thats huge!didn't you get my PM?
So how does it work? Are the readings out of wack? How far from that coil can you get with a dime while air testing it? How much was it. I bet it's heavy! Tell us tell us We want to know everything!!