Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANDY'S coin program

kevinslack

i think i got andy's coin program put in my E-TRAC. i dont like to read because the eyes dont work like they did when i was young but i think i got it going now.

Thats the one, that ought to give you some keepers:thumbup:

I think you have the CO = 49 column discriminated out as well as the CO = 50 column. The right border is only one unit wide, not two.

From Andy's post: "This line which rejects the CO = 50 line (top to bottom) is added to eliminate hot rocks in my area . . . you may have to play with this if yours are different. This elimination is much like the eliminate +95 on the DFX & XLT from Whites"

Sometimes I use a pattern exactly as you have shown, so it it not a bad pattern either.

Arturo de Zorro said:
yep, vertical line 49 should be white open, big silver hits there..

Example???

Every big silver I've test reads in 40-43 CO areas with a lower FE number, like 3-7.

There are a lot of 47's and 48's in these tests, but no 49's. In the field, though, you want to give the pattern some elbow room.

TBGO_US_Coins_ID_XLS.jpg

Here's the link to the post made that explained why I rejected certain areas . . . . .

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1142082

I find that it is a general purpose program with some tweaks for relics or beach . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,894336,894336#msg-894336

Andy Sabisch

I know this is an old post. I just picked up an Etrac. My XLT has been perfect forever but Its time for a change.

I downloaded Andy's Coin Program and also the Etrac manger. If I load this into the Etrac does it just load the pattern or all the settings as well?

I'm not sure of the version of Andy's program so if there is a new one out there, a link would be nice.

Thanks,
Tom

This is just the original pattern . . . the settings for the Mode are not installed when you upload the pattern to an open slot

Andy

Jason in Enid said:
Arturo de Zorro said:

Example???

Every big silver I've test reads in 40-43 CO areas with a lower FE number, like 3-7.

***************************************​

Testing big silver.....40-43...Yep!

BUT IN THE GROUND....YOU MUST ALLOW FOR THE GROUND's CONDUCTIVITY factor.

That will ADD a point or so........ESPECIALLY if its DEEP.

Just as depth adds points to the FE numbers......so does ground if its damp at depths or 'acidic'......matt

metalpopper said:
Jason in Enid said:
Arturo de Zorro said:

Example???

Just as depth adds points to the FE numbers......so does ground if its damp at depths or 'acidic'......matt

This is very interesting Matt,because earlier this spring with the CTX I was snooping under a row of planted pines that are in the 60-75 year old range and I came up with 2 Mercs and a Rosie. The odd thing was that I got 12-47 SOLIDLY on all 3, and they were only 5-6" deep. This was in Ferrous/Coin which for me,the CO numbers can be as low as 42-43 (usually 45-46 CO)and still be a silver dime all by itself at that depth,but not under pines. You are supposing that the lowered pH could've increased the CO value? That would explain the slightly higher number,and is a keen observation on your part....

IDXMonster said:
metalpopper said:
Jason in Enid said:
Arturo de Zorro said:

Example???

This is very interesting Matt,because earlier this spring with the CTX I was snooping under a row of planted pines that are in the 60-75 year old range and I came up with 2 Mercs and a Rosie. The odd thing was that I got 12-47 SOLIDLY on all 3, and they were only 5-6" deep. This was in Ferrous/Coin which for me,the CO numbers can be as low as 42-43 (usually 45-46 CO)and still be a silver dime all by itself at that depth,but not under pines. You are supposing that the lowered pH could've increased the CO value? That would explain the slightly higher number,and is a keen observation on your part....

***************************​

It's the pine needles that make the ground inherently acidic......So IDX....you hit-the-nail-on-the-head by your accurate account,

When I was younger, metal detecting, ....and very keen to learn the science of it all...I carried a pH probe !!!!!

I developed the hobbies first discriminator....and have never revealed it.

Also the first NON-MOTION discriminator....( modified C'scope ) My younger brother and I, literally 'cleaned-up' locally, in the 1970's

At that time I was investigating why my 'special' 100 years old amusement park site was prolific in producing 'HALO' silver.

I introduced the term 'HALO' into metal detecting many years ago, here in the UK, then via Findmall. (1000's of years ago !!!)

The silver coinage on that site, had lain dormant for over a 100 years....beautiful, BIG Victorian silver.

Memories...nearly half a century now....You just keep digging those beauties.....regards.... matt

P.S. I think the CTX 3030 is the tops.....Visited Minelab in Aus. when it was released.....Great bunch of guys...real industrial scientist and physicists.

Interesting step back in time and some well laid plans to get the edge...that's what I'm about...trying to know ALL I can to get an edge,if there is one in a particular situation. I'd love to hunt the U.K. one day just for the sheer excitement of finding something ROMAN! Now THAT would put a spring in my step!
I wholeheartedly agree that Minelab has some of the,if not THE,top engineers in this field. The things the CTX is capable of are really astounding,coming from my IDXPro a couple detectors back...it's so fun to run and so accurate in difficult conditions. Second to none in its class!