Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And yet another flooded Equinox..

C

calabash digger

My 78 year old buddy dunked his 600 and 800 in the tub . Now the 600 is showing the CD error message. He is packing it up as I type this. OK if its not a BIG problem then we must be some unlucky jokers...… I know some guys in the beach hunting club and I am gonna tell them to dunk their machines. I will report back...

It's hard to believe some people say this isn't a problem. Even with minelab replacing units quickly it's very inconvenient. And the warranty isn't for the life of the machine.
Some people may not read these forums and aren't aware of the problem and may not put their unit in the water until the warranty runs out.
I don't wish minelab any trouble, but I do hope us and others talking about these problems will cause them to find the design problem, solve it and offer us a replacement .
I'm glad this is coming to light more and more so most people will be aware of the issues prior to making a purchase.

I love my Equinox and it is a top performer , they need to get it took care of..

Ok this has gone far enough. Minelab I’m sure is watching the two Equinox boards. And it’s time they inform us on this issue. I’m sure they did extensive research before they released the Equinox so they néed to inform us of what is actually failing like a lot of defective seals/ O ring or a burr in the=seal area. I’m sure they know by now what is causing the problem. If it’s just a bad o ring just send us all a new one. Because Minelab is not addressing this problem they are not being honest with us. We all purchases the Equinox for water used and Minelab is letting us down. They need to inform all of us NOW. I’m loosing faith in Minelab.
There are just too many flooding.

Doug

Its a handful of detectors....... whats the odds? Im not in panic mode at all living here in the states..... box it up send it back for the next 3 years. I believe Steve H has a good idea.......sell the detector with 6 mos warranty..... which you likely could for lets say half and buy another. You just bought 2 for the price of an Xcal.......you now have 6 years warranty where the Xcal has 1..... think about that. In 6 years .... something new may just come along...... but id say there is a lot of peace of mind in 6 years for any water hunter. Mine stay under water...... and a lot of hours..... if it drowns its off the ML the next day. AND...... like someone said ive not heard of any replaced ones being flooded. Sooooo has that issue been fixed? Maybe. Huge difference in testing in a lab and on the beach. To my knowledge no one even had headphones to get it wet until way after many of us had one. It can be brutal on a salt water beach machine....... sun, heat, salt water and torque/pressure. I believe they are just not letting ML PA do some of that work..... most were going back to ML Aussie land to be looked at. I wouldnt panic about this....... just use it. Im sure the bean counters have now estimated how many will have this issue...... as im also sure they know why. They have really stepped up on this machine in some many CS ways. As a long time Xcal owner...... i just gave up whining over its issues and warranty....... and its still what it is.

Dewcon, makes me wonder if they manufactured them in different places or their supplier change parts without ML knowing.

Like substituted a cheaper gasket or who knows once it’s made outside of your own factory.

But I like your analysis about no panic. We always do that and your advice is good.
Stay clam and keep digging!

Tony NJ

It would be nice to have a straight forward answers from Minelab. Could be a gasket material of vender problem or a torque assembly problem.
I just wish we had a straight answer.
Also if they have corrected the problem ? If so what serial number forward are ok. Would they notify those that have registered their units with them.

Doug

Mine was replaced not for water but it just broke I know a friend his screen died he has yet to send it back!
I’m thinking of dunking mine and seeing what happens how long did it take John for it to flood?
Mark