Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An old "Life Saving Station" NAHANT Massachusetts

Ron J

Off an on for the last couple of months,i have been sending photo's of any Life Stations,Coast Guard stations,lighthouse's,Patrol boats etc,to a new friend, who is a retired Coast Guardsmann.He has a web sight,where he posts all related Coast Guard photo's for all to see.He also does a little research,and adds any info pertaining. I have been able to contibute quite a few. His sight is "Old Coast Guard Photo's". Living in Beverly,within a 60 mile radius,there are maybe a dozen or so, Lighhouse's or abandoned stations. Thats why i've been posting so many for your visual enjoyment.(i hope?) Well here is an old Life Saving Station,[attachment 48617 nahant033.jpg] located in Nahant Massachusetts. These stations were located up/down most of the East Coast. They were very important,back in the 1800s,and early 1900's,because of so many shipwrecks along the east coast. These people safed hundreds of lives,just as the modern Coast Guard does today,just with primitive equipment. Gotta say they were VERY BRAVE also! Most shipwrecks were at night,during heavy seas! [attachment 48621 ScannedImage-106.jpg]Imagine,hauling a 20 or 30 ft boat down a beach,by hand or by horse,then fighting 10 ft breakers,to row out to a vessel,attach lines,and rescue poor souls of a grounded vessel,that breaking up,due to hurricane winds,or extremely wild seas? Its great to see,that Nahant appreciates this sight,and plans on doing some upkeep![attachment 48619 nahant026.jpg][attachment 48618 nahant022.jpg]

I think these stories are so interesting to folks like me that only see things like this in movies like that movie called "The Perfect Thunderstorm." Please keep posting these stories...they are great reading and are much appreciated. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

always enjoy them! Again, it takes me to a place where I have never been! Keep 'em coming! Just think, if all those guys could where Willy's bathing suit, they would be all drug down by all those clothes! :lol:

Glad we have people who watch over us though, seriously! Thanks for the story and photos! :)

Great photos as usual Ron!

Dave