Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"An Embarrassing Lesson!" Arkies post reminded

Ron J

me of an embarrassing lesson i learned, the hard way. Years ago when i was in jr. highschool,7th or 8th grade if i remember right,instead of attending "Sunday school " after church on Sunday's,we attended "Sunday school" on Wednesday afternoon.Don't remember why,but i think it was there were so many kids attending,The Nun's had to add classe's. Because of this,anyone in our public schools,were bussed downtown to St.Marys for "Wednesday school". I think we left at 11 o'clock,to attend. I thought this was great,getting out early.Of course i would go to "Wednesday school",It gave me a chance to start getting my homework done on the bus! During this class,i still had homework,to finish,and the class was boring,so i proceeded to start homework,while l listening to the Nun. Guess i got carried away with homework...Next thing i hear,is the Nun,calling my name!,and slapping a ruler on her side to get my attention!! She got it o.k.! She asked me a question...I had no idea what she had been trying to teach... Now the whole class is looking at me!! Was i in a spot!! The Nun repeated her question, "Mr Janard, Who swears? and When?" Well my reply was something like "my father?" WRONG ANSWER!! I instantly was totally embarressed,as the whole class stsrted roaring with laughter!!! Lucky Me! I was promptly reprimanded by the Nun,and told to pay attention,as she continued class,explaining, when and where, you tell the truth,and you "swear to tell the truth" in a court room!! Guess we just interperted the meaning a little differently!! :lol: :lol: I'll never forget that embarrissing moment,although,i never did mention it to anyone!! Arkie's post stirred up the memory,so i figured i "fess up" :lol:

Once in a while I'll humor myself with Grace. She'll be telling me about something that she thought was wrong and I'll respond with a "that's nice" or something along those lines. Always cheeses her off to think I wasn't listening.:lol:

n/t

n/t

n/t