Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An apology and a request to my friends.....

Dan-MO

I want to apologise to the folks here for not always taking the time to respond to your posts lately....truth is as much as I have tried to deny it I have not felt very well for quite a while.I have been to a few doctors over the past couple of years who have failed to find the cause of my ailment and then brush it off as depression,anxiety,etc and prescribe high powered narcotics that dd me no good and instead made my condition worse.

A month or so ago I marched into a new doctors office (for me) and begged her to find the cause of my chronic fatigue, constant dizziness,and weakness in my arms and legs that was getting worse.She asked the usual questions then ordered a barrage of tests including a EKG.Long story short I was refereed to a cardiologist and had a stress test and cardiac cath and other tests done that all came back normal.(I posted about these)The last test he wanted to do was for me to wear a heart monitor for a month or so.

Due to the death of my mother I postponed this for a while and began wearing it a couple of weeks ago.Yesterday I received a call from the cardiologist instructing me to have someone drive me to his office immediately....

It turns out I am having severe episodes of Bradycardia events with my heart rate slowing down to less than 30 beats per minute for extended times......this is the cause of my symptoms which have gotten much worse recently. I will have a pacemaker installed next Wednesday.I don't like the idea but have been told it is my ONLY option if I want to be around for much longer.The doctor is confident that it will fix my problem and I will be able to resume a normal active life including returning to work in a few weeks-there is no damage to my heart-it is just not "firing" properly.

He also told me to take it easy with lots of rest and no driving until the procedure is done.I have read up and researched about this and understand that it is considered a fairly routine procedure-but must admit I am a bit nervous about getting it done.I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

In one of my former incarnations, I was a tech at the hospitals. I did the EKGs [Up here they are ECGs], EEGs, Pulmonary functions, etc.. You are fortunate that you have a first class system to care for you.

It is a pretty standard procedure with the pacemaker and in no time, you will be up and at'em again soon.

Take care of yourself and all the best of luck, my friend. You are very lucky that you put on that Holter monitor when you did. :)

Fair winds, calm seas, sunny skies

M

get busy with our problems and lives. I am always impressed by you and many of our other friends on here that will respond and support others tho they have their own, often serious issues to deal with.
What good news you just gave your friends here! Thinking of you and will wait for the even better news:thumbup:
Wayne

it is something they can fix. What you have they can fix. Don't we live in a wonderful time?

I sure am happy to see you didn't stop trying to find out the problem before it was too late. This is fixable. You need a trip to BC next month:thumbup:

If I was you I would be looking forward for the procedure and the difference it is gonna be making in your life:clap:

you dread going thru all of this, but you will be so glad you did. That pacemaker will bring you back to your old, vivacious self in no time. I am certainly glad you persevered in not giving up. We know when something is wrong,.......it's just finding the right person to discover it. Sounds to me like you are on the up and winning track already.

Prayers are not a bit extra. Plenty of them coming from my way.

Take care, and keep us informed. We love you! :)

n/t

and is healthy as a lark ! God's truth. Your fear is understandable. I'd be apprehensive too but I'm certain you'll be glad you had it done. Remember that this time will soon pass and your life will begin anew. I pray that you find strength and peace during this difficult time. And I promise to keep you in my thoughts and prayers daily. The prayers of our friends carried Grace and I recently and they will do no less for you. We're all here for you.

Dan no apology necessary.....
We just want you around here often. I sure enjoy your stories!

are not like the ones of old. They are about the size of a thick half dollar. Easy install two wires and your up and running. My buddy Bruno just got a new one and he is doing fine and so am I. I have the Medtronic. They keep making this stuff smaller and smaller. Thats good for you and I. Normal to be nervous but trust me, 99 percent of the time its a piece of cake with these new units. Mine is for a different problem yours but done pretty much the same way. Bruno, has what you have and he is like a new kid. He thinks they should be mandatory when ya reach 50 years old... He is 87, and still works like a horse. Our grain man had just had it done...Down side, is he up my grain prices to pay for it, no insurance....LOL....

Thrusday, you will be on here telling us, piece of cake...

Good luck... George-CT

Happy Birthday Granny! Why are you so hostile toward me lately? :D

[attachment 51778 Granny.jpg]

bad if you were not arriving the DAY AFTER I leave. I love ya, so I will quit being ugly. I tried to make some changes to my ticket, but it just was not a workable deal. We'll hopefully catch each other another time tho. Just disappointed, that's all.

PLUS, you are calling me old, creaky, and Granny. Guess you could call me worse tho! :) :cheekkiss:

Bruno's wife Sandee wants me to take him on vacation. He thinks he is 21 again...LOL.... It really perked up his life.... Mine is used as a defibrillator. Easy install. 2 inch incision, slip it in, insert the wires, done. They normally knock ya out so its really a walk in the park.
Lot easier that the quad bypass was.

Right now my grand daughter is in getting a hole in the heart closed, a new trunk line and valve... 12 days old and she has been thru the mill.
They operated Tuesday, but they are waiting for the swelling to go down in the heart, so they have not closed. I'm hoping to hear from my son today as they hoped to close today, if not, then tomorrow. He cna't have the cell on in the hospital. As long as she is open, they keep her on the ventilator. I caught a cold so can't go in any more. Thankfully, they have all this high tech stuff available. The rest is prayers and luck.

George-CT

Thank God there is such a device as a pace maker
We are all pulling for you Dan and want to enjoy
your posts for years to come

can do now. Tell your son we will add him, his baby girl and family to our prayers! I know it is hard on you, not being able to be there, but you are doing the right thing. Please keep us informed, okay?? Your are on the list too, George! :)