Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An afternoon hunt:detecting:

Dug

My wife gave me an E-Trac for Christmas. It's been working pretty well for me, and I'm getting more familiar with it. Was on the road today, finished work early, changed my clothes, and found a fairgrounds in this town and did some detecting. Didn't take long to find a 1939 wheatie. Then after several POJ's, I hit a good and moderately deep signal which was solid all around. I suspected it could be an IH and sure enough; 1902 and in good shape.

Had some lunch then, and headed toward home, but stopped in another town on the way and hunted a little at the city park. This park has been detected to death, but still yields occasional silver like the 1964 dime in the photo.

Two weeks ago I was in east Texas visiting my daughter, son-in-law, and their new born baby boy (my 9th grandchild; my 10th grandchild was born April 1 in Utah). I did a little hunting there, and the only find worth mentioning is the 1953 quarter in the photo.

I like the E-Trac, especially how light it is. I'm prone to metal detector's elbow, so the lighter weight has really helped. I seem to dig more junk with it, but I attribute that to inexperience. We'll see if that gets better. Going to hunt another fairgrounds in a different county tomorrow. Hoping for some silver.

The spot price of silver today is around $18.00. This means a silver dime is worth about $1.30. The price of gasoline here is $2.60 per gallon. So, you can buy a gallon of gas for two silver dimes; 20 cents in lawful money. Gasoline hasn't gotten any more expensive. Our money has been debased.

one silver in east texas is 23 cents better than iv done up there.
iv never found more than 2 wheits up there.
if your ever back this way hit me up i have loads of places in east texas to hunt and il never have enough time to hunt even a quarter of them.

Some nice coins there Dug - the 1902 Indian Cent looks like it's in real good condition !

Congrats on showing the E-Trac where the good stuff is! :bouncy: Not sure why but I really like digging up Indian heads! You got a nice looking one there!

The most amazing part of your story is that your wife gave you an Etrac for Christmas! If you two split up can I have her number? Just kidding of course! Sounds like a great wife and it looks like you are getting the hang of the Etrac. Nice finds! Mike

And I plan to keep her for the duration. I try to treat her right. Thanks for your comments and for looking. I hunted for 2 hours today, but got skunked. Some days are like that.

Thanks again.

Doug

There must be a pretty good metal detector's group there in east Texas, cause it's hard to find anything good. My daughter and her husband are planning to move to Arizona at the end of May. So, not sure I'll ever make it back to east Texas. Thanks again.

Nice finds!

Silver is always good! I too have gotten skunked 2 days in a row. The E-trac is one sweet machine! Today I was hunting with a really tight disc pattern to try something new (only top right corner was open) I was in manual 30 with virtually no falsing! This particular site is trashed as it is an empty lot which used to have houses and some trailers on it. My thresh was basically non-existent with all the nulling, but the copper was singing loud and clear even when surrounded by junk. Now where's that silver?

Dean, thanks. I'll have to try a setting like that. I've often thought about that; if I'm looking for silver and copper, why not block all else? Happy hunting.

You better hang on to her..... Congrats on the nice finds..