Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

America'cup.

Nauti

Just thought i'd say a big congratulations to the American sailing team for winning the cup.From 7-1 down they fought back and beat New Zealand 8-7 which was the biggest comeback in the cup's history.It's so good to see something positive in these troubling times and the fact that when people work together for a cause almost anything is possible.Awesome teamwork,lets hope in the near future we can all work together and get a big result for all mankind.

Yes! I attempted to watch Sat but the race was postponed. I NEVER thought there was a chance! Man what boats!

Its been a weird week boatwise, looking at those high speed AC cats get up on the foils and fly, hearing those kevlar lines groan and screech, waiting for a big POP of carbon fibre! Marveling at the effort and engineering of a craft like this! Truly an exciting display of skill and technology...

Then, the Bassmasters showed up in town for a big tournament this weekend, so now I've seen those boats up close and the horsepower, gear and electronic technology on them is remarkable too. All of this makes a guy think back of wood monohulls and rowboats and how far things have progressed in almost all sports in such a short time! If either of these types of boats showed up 40 years ago, flying across the water like they do, people would have thought they came from outer space! The AC did not get a lot of coverage here in the States, the Bassmasters do though...better marketing, sponsors, and sales from that display I suppose.
Thanks for bringing it up Neil!:clapping:
Mud

n/t