Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I detecting a trend?

Mike2

When back to the same beach I was at yesterday, detected in the exact same area and found just about the exact same amount (dollar value) in coins, yesterday effort was $13.70 and today was $13.20. How did I miss this yesterday, it was cold and raining all day so no one would have been at the beach. Anyway, it just goes to show you never truly cover an area 100%.

MIke:beers:

Just notice I have a 1 DINAR in there so that brings me down to $11.20, does anyone know which country has

hey mike are you using a vlf machine right now? if so its because they project a cone shape signal into the ground and unless you overlap all your swings a lot you'll never search an area more than a very low percentage...nobody gets it all..excal should improve your finds as you need to slow way down an really overlap your swings....i just concentrate on a small area of the beach, use to try and hunt the whole thing which was stupid on my part...beaches are HUGE in the extreme....wow another $13+ thats some great money, amazing how it ads up..well done! :beers:

Thanks guys for all the feedback and input in relation to the possible origin of the DINAR. I have given it to my son to take to school as a show and tell.

:beers:Mike

I have the Explorer SE and the Excalibur. I use the SE for land and the Excal for the beach. Both are terrific machines. If you will be doing a lot of farm field hunting or hunting in the woods with the SE then I would recommend getting the Excelerator 12.5" coil for it. Or the 10 x 14. Both offer some great performance in open spaces that need a lot of coverage. If you will do more playgrounds and old houses and such, with tighter areas and more trash, I would highly recommend the 4.5 x 7 elliptical Excelerator coil...super in those conditions. On the Excal I would go with the 1000 as the 10" coil will give you better coverage at the beach and a little more depth.

Thanks Mike, I will take up your suggestion on the Excelerator 12.5" and the the 4.5 x 7 elliptical. Whilst I was planning on getting the 1000, I have heard the 800 was a little easy for pin pointing is this true, or is it just a matter of getting to know the machine? I will have both mchines no later than the end of next week. even if I have to say out all night detecting over the weekend, to get the extra $$$$.

:cheers:MIke