Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alternative to WM 08 Wireless Audio Module?

pine3874

I found this Bluetooth transmitter/receiver and was wondering if anyone knows if it could be used as an alternative to the WM 08? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-V5-0-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-AptX-Low-Latency-Audio-Adapter-for/264455273938 You will have to replace the @#%& with the auction site name for the link to work. LOL

If not, has anyone found one that will work? Thanks

Your detector already has bluetooth built into it. If you bought the 600, you just need to buy a set of low latency BT headphones.

Jason in Enid said:
Your detector already has bluetooth built into it. If you bought the 600, you just need to buy a set of low latency BT headphones.

If I want to use any headphones of my choice I need to have a Bluetooth receiver like the WM 08.

you arent understanding. the WM-08 module IS NOT blue tooth. Its a proprietary wire signal used only by minelab. Your detector ALSO HAS BLUE TOOTH.

Jason in Enid said:
you arent understanding. the WM-08 module IS NOT blue tooth. Its a proprietary wire signal used only by minelab. Your detector ALSO HAS BLUE TOOTH.

Ok if the equinox has to par to the Minelab headphones isn’t that Bluetooth.
If the equinox has to par with WM-08 isn’t that also Bluetooth. Yes the wired headphones or wired earpiece plugged into the WM-08; is not Bluetooth themselves.

Doug

Donut said:
Jason in Enid said:

If the equinox has to par with WM-08 isn’t that also Bluetooth. Yes the wired headphones or wired earpiece plugged into the WM-08; is not Bluetooth themselves.

Doug

The WM-08 uses a Minelab proprietary system called Wi-Stream. It isn't bluetooth.

5900_XL-1 said:
Donut said:
Jason in Enid said:

Doug

The WM-08 uses a Minelab proprietary system called Wi-Stream. It isn't bluetooth.
OK then why dose the Bluetooth APTX low Latency the only ones that will work on the equinox, I just don't think Minelab would have two different systems in the equinox

Donut said:
OK then why dose the Bluetooth APTX low Latency the only ones that will work on the equinox, I just don't think Minelab would have two different systems in the equinox

Well, then you are thinking wrong. READ THE MANUAL. The answers are in there!

It appears that the way I asked my question was not understood by anyone. Watch this YouTube video starting at 1:48 and I think you will understand my question better. I'm just looking for an alternative product from the one in the video because it is no longer available. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQa_RnEO8EQ

A group of us here this summer discussed and bought various Bluetooth wireless earbuds for the Equinox 800. And, as discussed in the Manual, the 800 is based on Bluetooth 2.0 and supports low latency ear buds to minimize lag time. Newer Bluetooth 3.0 works fine. However, people do have problems using Bluetooth ear buds w the 800 that are NOT low latency (LL). Sooo, regarding Bluetooth ear buds for the Equinox any ways, make sure they are low latency. And as stated earlier, the WM 08 is NOT based on Bluetooth but on another proprietary wireless system that is essentially delay free (latency = 0).

Ok so you want to replace the WM-08.. I just don’t understand why. Mine works great.
I either place it or my back pocket or on the back of my pouch and better yet I just clip it on the back band oh my hat and place a small piece of black tape overt the bright blue light and I don’t even know it’s there surprisingly.
But just to replace it for I guess the size , that’s a little expensive I’d think. Unless I’m missing something here.
Doug

Donut said:
Ok so you want to replace the WM-08.. I just don’t understand why. Mine works great.
I either place it or my back pocket or on the back of my pouch and better yet I just clip it on the back band oh my hat and place a small piece of black tape overt the bright blue light and I don’t even know it’s there surprisingly.
But just to replace it for I guess the size , that’s a little expensive I’d think. Unless I’m missing something here.
Doug

Nox 600 doesn't come with the WM 08.

Ok that makes sense but the six hours will go by fast. And you can find used WM 08 used on eBay

Doug

pine3874 said:
I found this Bluetooth transmitter/receiver and was wondering if anyone knows if it could be used as an alternative to the WM 08? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-V5-0-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-AptX-Low-Latency-Audio-Adapter-for/264455273938 You will have to replace the @#%& with the auction site name for the link to work. LOL

Thanks for sharing but I just have a couple of questions! Do you really feel that this improves the signal over the bluetooth low latency headphones? I wasn’t able to find this on the A site and did find one from only 1 supplier on the E site from Taiwan with a hefty $30.00 shipping fee!

pine3874 said:

Have you looked at this. I seen someone using one of these.
Avantree Clipper Pro bluetooth receivers

but it is fast. < 10 ms.