Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alright already. I hate to hear a cowboy cry. :) Homestead Harvest: Chapter 4

Arkie John

Chapter 4

The arrow seemed to miss its mark. That's not surprising, giving the distance and all. But the gobbler danced around a bit, being unnerved, I supposed, by the sudden whooosssh that went past him and the sound of the impact just six feet from him

Tomorrow, the final chapter. It's just my way of livening up the forum a little and to share a most memorable week-end.

The sad thing is my turkey huntin' is over with and the four and a half month long season is just 31 DAYS old.

Well, I STILL have a few deer to collect. Speaking of which, I saw two 8 pointers today (that's eight TOTAL points, Mike :) ) I took a shot settleing my 20 yard pin on him. The arrow fell woefully short. Later I stepped it off...32 yards. He was across a creek bed and on the opposite bank. The illusion of shooting over a ravine was too much for the old man today.

I retrieved my arrow and thanked the Lord that I had missed cleanly. Maybe next time.

Have a great day,

aj

Psalms 71

missed him and Carol, but maybe he will freeze me a moose roast and overnigt it to me COD. If he would, I would reimburse him for his expenses, and the meat. Then I will invite all of you over, and you and Tom will quit whining about the small piece you got from me. Man, that would make some good jerky, don't you know?? :) I'll have to be really nice to Wayne and butter him up! :)

This has the makings of being one of the best stories that you have ever posted on the Forum...it is a classic! Can you sorta give a hint of what to expect in the next part...does the house cat do something to the turkey? Looking forward to the next part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

lessons from you. This is a GREAT story. Makes me want to be there. At least I will get a chance next year for our first turkey season.

Went across the road today [ask Sunny about where that is]. Had a very nice 3 pointer [that is a 6 point to you southun folk] :), in my sights and was following him, through my scope, as he walked past me. At the point where I was about to pull the trigger, I saw lights through the woods..... No shot. !! Ah well, there is always tomorrow.

sunny skies, clear water, calm seas

M

n/t