Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

alot of Wheaties but no silver

kevinslack

i have found one silver coin Saturday and about 20 wheat Penny's from Saturday intill today, i feel I'm missing something because to get that many wheat Penny's there's got to be more silver. here's how I'm running the E-TRAC sensitivity on auto and sometimes on manual set to 29 auto level set to 3+ threshold level 13 volume limit 30 volume gain 30 response normal threshold pitch 15 tone ID multi sounds conduct variability 25 limits 30 recovery deep on recovery fast on trash density high ground difficult. most of the Penny's are about 8 inches deep.

If they were there you would get them. I would hunt with gain at 19 so you can here the soft sound of the deep ones better. and variability 29 fast off . threshold pitch at max.

i think walker is rite if they were there you would get them. a lot of people cherry picked back in the 80's when discrimination was becoming popular so they left the pennies and nickles.
iv been haven the same problem at some sites i know have been hunted hard. lots of wheats but no silver.

Yep, it's getting harder for us because the oldtimers have snagged a lot of the easier finds. Your finding stuff so you're settings should be ok and if you are finding wheats you are right there must be some silver! It will just be harder to find. Maybe check the edges, close to bushes, etc, in short places that may not have been hunted as hard. Good luck!

ok thanks, i did get a 1954 dime this morning, sunray prob just came so i want to get it on and try it. i think i will get more silver with it.